VM HD Skin V1.5 Skin

vix 3.2036 there must be a file somewhere that doesn't work that well with vix
Dont worry mate. I will look into that and reference the pig n events to another components and get rid of the converters. Hvnt touched the skin for ages and its based on Pli and just added few screens for atv.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I haven't installed this skin, I have just looked at chabs code compared to slyk to see if there is any difference in the PIG.

in skin.xml

<screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG"

chabs has this.

<widget source="session.VideoPicture" render="Pig" position="910,0" size="373,209" zPosition="1" backgroundColor="transparent" />

i have this.

<widget source="session.VideoPicture" render="Pig" position="885,38" size="335,192" zPosition="3" backgroundColor="#ff000000" />

so there is no error in this component. the only main difference is I have a higher zPosition. his "transparent" is the same as my #ff000000

So might just be a case of upping the pecking order on the PIG.

I haven't installed this skin, I have just looked at chabs code compared to slyk to see if there is any difference in the PIG.

in skin.xml

<screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG"

chabs has this.

<widget source="session.VideoPicture" render="Pig" position="910,0" size="373,209" zPosition="1" backgroundColor="transparent" />

i have this.

<widget source="session.VideoPicture" render="Pig" position="885,38" size="335,192" zPosition="3" backgroundColor="#ff000000" />

so there is no error in this component. the only main difference is I have a higher zPosition. his "transparent" is the same as my #ff000000

So might just be a case of upping the pecking order on the PIG.
Thnx kiddac but he is on about the channelselection screen mot the graphical epg screen....

but then again - he has his background set at zPosition="-25", so it shouldn't be conflicting anyway.

dsayer was also on about the video pig not appearing on epgs to.

but then again - he has his background set at zPosition="-25", so it shouldn't be conflicting anyway.

Picture in graphics is ok in all other screens except 4 the channel selection screen with the vix.

Picture in graphics is ok in all other screens except 4 the channel selection screen with the vix.

Channel Selection and EPG on mine. It was working in the settings/plug-ins menu screen but not the main EPG and Channel list. Hope you can sort it out Chabs cos I like it.

Epg was fine it's the tv screen on channel section screen that isn't showing look at the screen shot aswell as the now and next description

---------- Post Merged at 01:44 PM ----------

red hd epg.jpg
also pressing red button does not display anything and the stop skip backwords puttons dont work but i think that maybe due to me changing the epgselection.py

Last edited:
That has to do with the converters. Extract the ipk file using 7zip and go to usr/lib/enigma2/python/components/converters

There is a file named EventName.pyo

Delete any EventName.py or EventName.pyo in your box and ftp the one you have extracted and restart your box to solve the pig (Picture in Graphics) and event descriptions

I don't have any .py files in my Converter folder, only .pyo. There's EventName.pyo and EventTime.pyo but yours seems to contain d2NextEvents.py and MovieReference.py which I don't have in mine. It's probably nothing but I thought I'd mention it. Bit of a learning curve here.

do you think it could be this picture GUIDENICE1.png in /usr/share/enigma2/VM HD/SkinDesign/Menu
GUIDENICE1.jpg
im only thinking that because the other images have pictures in graphics
Main.png
Main.jpg

do you think it could be this picture GUIDENICE1.png in /usr/share/enigma2/VM HD/SkinDesign/Menu
View attachment 16229
im only thinking that because the other images have pictures in graphics
Main.png
View attachment 16231
It is not the graphics. It definatly the widgets reference where its calling for in the components. It works ok with ATV as from the screenshots I uploaded in post #1

I have been looking at that with Kiddacs Slyk 1 HD and Matrix HD but I have to flash Vix to start messing around.

Its half term and kids are home so dont wana start messing up 4 them. Will play with it this week though.

ok thanks do you know how to change the buttons on epg for changing day to yellow and blue ive tried doing this myself by chang this

</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/dup.png" position="872,644" size="29,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/ddown.png" position="845,644" size="31,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/chup.png" position="1029,645" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/chdown.png" position="1055,645" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/epg.png" position="680,643" size="31,34" alphatest="blend" />

to

</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/yellow.png" position="872,644" size="29,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/blue.png" position="845,644" size="31,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/chup.png" position="1029,645" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/chdown.png" position="1055,645" size="25,25" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/epg.png" position="680,643" size="31,34" alphatest="blend" />

but it doesn't work epg is still the same

ok thanks do you know how to change the buttons on epg for changing day to yellow and blue ive tried doing this myself by chang this

</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/dup.png" position="872,644" size="29,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/ddown.png" position="845,644" size="31,30" alphatest="blend" />

to

</widget>
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/yellow.png" position="872,644" size="29,30" alphatest="blend" />
<ePixmap pixmap="VM HD/icons/blue.png" position="845,644" size="31,30" alphatest="blend" />

but it doesn't work epg is still the same
You must be having the epg hack and if not then you need to include the yellow and blue buttons key widgets as well instead of the etext elements.

thanks i did change the epgselection.py for epg tabs on slyk1hd ive gone to replace the originol one in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens but when i get to python i dont have screens just components does this skin overight the original files?
Screenshot (64).jpg
edit found it thanks

Last edited:
thanks i did change the epgselection.py for epg tabs on slyk1hd ive gone to replace the originol one in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens but when i get to python i dont have screens just components does this skin overight the original files?
View attachment 16232
edit found it thanks
No it should not. It just replaces the converters included in the ipk file.

found it i closed filezilla and reopen it and found it changed the py but it still doesn't do skip forward and backwards for changing day i can press yellow and blue to do it but they aren't on the images

found it i closed filezilla and reopen it and found it changed the py but it still doesn't do skip forward and backwards for changing day i can press yellow and blue to do it but they aren't on the images
It will work with the yellow and blue with vix. This skin is based on pli and a few added screens for atv. Vix work vry differently from Pli...

Epg was fine it's the tv screen on channel section screen that isn't showing look at the screen shot aswell as the now and next description

---------- Post Merged at 01:44 PM ----------

View attachment 16193
also pressing red button does not display anything and the stop skip backwords puttons dont work but i think that maybe due to me changing the epgselection.py

Had a play around with this last night, brought over the code from kiddac's skin to make the red button work (did you notice pressing the red button actually worked it just didnt bring up the small menu??) adjusted the colours so the popup gives you the choice of options, can post the code later when i'm home, just added it into the skin.xml file and it works a treat

Yea I noticed it did something because I had to press back to get back to the guide I was going to change it to the record icon because that brings up the same choice box but yes if you can post the code that would be great did you manage to change the day icons?

Yea I noticed it did something because I had to press back to get back to the guide I was going to change it to the record icon because that brings up the same choice box but yes if you can post the code that would be great did you manage to change the day icons?

Not looked at the icons, easiest way would be to make a new png file with the yellow\blue icons and rename it to whatever the current ones above are called, give it a shot later

quick look the 2 icons are called ddown.png and dup.png in the icons folder, you could copy the blue\yellow.png icons in the same folder, rename to dddown\dup.png and thats a quick fix ;) just depends if they are in use on any other screens

Last edited:
Back