vm isolator uh

sash1

i have posted previously about my glitching problem since new hub went in. i have tried variable attenuator to reduce signal which had no effect or should i say made it worse. ive changed splitter tightened cabling to no effect. l am now beginning to thing the signal is too weak for my H2H zeg . what i wanted to ask was do you think having an isolator installed on the line going to my hub and then split to zeg box is reducing my signal at all. i can reposition this isolator to the line that goes to my tivo box if you guys think is worth it.?

not investigated signal levels no. whats the best way to do that? my tivo and broadband working fine. its only started since i got new hub upgrade from vm. so removing the isolator wont help ?

It's pointless fitting booster / attenuators etc. until you know what the problem is - log into your router and get downstream and upstream power levels.

Do you have a picture of the cable(s) and splitter(s) you've tried?

I'm at work at the moment so will have a look later and take a picture of splitters I've used and cables

Reactions: ste
Now trying to check speeds, it does say the device in port 4, that's my Zeg box, is running at 100mbps in red print

Acquired downstream 29875000
Ranged upstream
Snr 38.6 down stream

Does this tell you anything

I don't know as they put it in I presume it's ok. Was a long time ago. Where can I buy one of those splitters from.

What's that big black chunky cable? never seen that before... the other cables look ok but deffo change that splitter - have a look in the for sale section on here, dude called simba selling them - he gets them off his mate who works for VM :(y):

Ok will do, big chunky cable from Homebase, where am I supposed to buy a virgin media cable from

Ok guys, thanks for all the help so far, I've ordered a splitter from Simba and ordered cable from ebay link, Will let you know what happens when I've got them. I am hopeful you have got me on the right track though. cheers again.

Hi guys. Received my VM splitter today, put it in and guess what. No glitching. :):):). Sent for the wire as well but not arrived yet but problem is solved antway. Big thank you for your help.

Back