VM line not connecting. SLY Okay....? HELP

ParDanMe

I've gone from using just a VM sub, re-mewing but with new server login details and at the same time got a Sly line from the same provider.

I cannot for the life of me get the VM line working now. I've re-flashed the box with the latest Scumnsee image but same issue applies. Sky line working fine but the VM line just won't work. Provider saying the VM line is definitely working.

When using 2 lines is there a way in which I should order the lines so when I switch from Sly to VM the box knows which is which? Could I do it so one line is with mgdcam and one with ccam?

Running out of ideas now and losing my patience as I don't know what I doing wrong. Any help would really be appreciated.

I would try using both cams separately, use cccam for Sly and mgcam for VM, try that and have both cams active and see if it works, it should do as you can run both cams at the same time.

This might sound silly but are you selecting the correct channel as I had to add the provider prefix the the EPG bouquets to be certain which tuner I was using as they don't merge into one EPG, have run an EPG for sly and an EPG for vermin.
Does BBC SD work using the DVB-C tuner and not HD?

So how did you do it in the end?
Did you put both lines in one file or 2 separate files?
Or did you use cccam for sky and megacam for VM?

Sorry only asking coz I'll be doing the same soon and also at least other members will see the results as well.
Thanks

best to stick with one type line use either nline or cline.

both lines are added one under the other and the same cam is used by both.

having 2 cams is a bugger as you have to stop/start each one in turn.

Was just a case the VM line wasn't working. Got a new one and put them both in the same file. Doesn't matter which order, works a treat swapping from one to another.

yes but people buying lines dont research the correct way of doing things.
your lucky it was a faulty line as that happens at times.

True. Didn't stop me from thinking I was doing something wrong somewhere. Luckily was the line.

For future reference if anyone is putting a sly and VM line in together use mgdcam and put them in with nothing else. Both will work together

best to stick with one type line use either nline or cline.

both lines are added one under the other and the same cam is used by both.

What about this bit:

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300 (or some people have 60 instead of 300)

What does it mean and do I need to tyoe that twice for each of the 2 lines?

I didn't need any of that. Simply one line for Sly and another for VM.

If one isn't working I'd suggest it's your provider

Back