VM Multicast DNS Vulnerability letter

Gentlemen

Hi guys, I have got H2H and MXQ tv box connected to vm router via Ethernet cable. I have got 3 letters from vm last three weeks saying that.
""We are writing to let you know that a device connected to your home network has been identified as having a potential Multicast DNS Vulnerability.
We suspect the device may have been misconfigured by you, someone in your household or without your knowledge. of the settings are left unchanged they can be exploited to unwittingly in malicious activities for example Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack.""

then goes to saying that visit the mdns.shadowserver.org for info
then for protection in the future F-Secure SAFE recommended..
Is Zgemma would cause any safety issue or any sign of using in my network.

any advise would be much appreciated..

thanks and regards.
G...

Have you got anything wireless like Sonos player or ps 4 running wifi. ? Seems like they have had some issues

No just the Xbox but that's not even turned on for a while...
Can VM trace the Zgemma usage via router in anyway I wonder.. I have already Changed the name of box to something else mind you..

Last edited:
I don't know to be honest but zgamma boxes are perfectly legal and they should not be spying on what you attach to your network anyway

You've fully rebooted everything to clear ram haven't you trying to fix your FTP issue? Is the H2H using mgcamd? If so check your mg_cfg for logging enabled.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

You've fully rebooted everything to clear ram haven't you trying to fix your FTP issue? Is the H2H using mgcamd? If so check your mg_cfg for logging enabled.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
should look like this m8

open your mg_cfg file with notepad or wordpad
scroll down until you find this and edit your config file to this below

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
# 04 file, appended ! delete it by yourself, before it eat all your hdd
# + IP udp-port log-file-name
L: { 00 } 192.168.1.8 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

Hi guys, I have checked the mg_cfg file and L line it seems IP address was different, I have changed to above but still not connecting, or should I changed to my box ip?

sorry what you mean by that, my L line is like this now L: { 00 } 192.168.1.8 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log is that right? or ip should be my box ip adds..

Ps; just remember when I ve got the box I was using the mgcamd_1.38r1 file then stopped working so I have starte using the CCcam 2.3.0 file.
I don't know anything to do with this??

Hi guys, I have got H2H and MXQ tv box connected to vm router via Ethernet cable. I have got 3 letters from vm last three weeks saying that.
""We are writing to let you know that a device connected to your home network has been identified as having a potential Multicast DNS Vulnerability.
We suspect the device may have been misconfigured by you, someone in your household or without your knowledge. of the settings are left unchanged they can be exploited to unwittingly in malicious activities for example Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack.""

then goes to saying that visit the mdns.shadowserver.org for info
then for protection in the future F-Secure SAFE recommended..
Is Zgemma would cause any safety issue or any sign of using in my network.

any advise would be much appreciated..

thanks and regards.
G...
I had 1 of these, before I even bought my Zgemma.

Back