VM & ZGemma

Hi folks,

Recently setup zgemma box for my father in law and all is working fine, but the mother in law is having a good old moan about it as she doesn’t like the recording function and likes to use catch up. The cable has been back and forth between th zgemma and VM box and the father in law can’t cope without his sky sports.

So the question is:
Is it ok to have a splitter and run one cable to the zgemma box, and another to the VM box simultaneously so that they can switch between HDMI 1&2 on their TV and live in harmony? Or is it dangerous territory having service in both boxes at the same time?

P.S. i already have spare VM splitter and VM cables to do this.

Hi folks,

Recently setup zgemma box for my father in law and all is working fine, but the mother in law is having a good old moan about it as she doesn’t like the recording function and likes to use catch up. The cable has been back and forth between th zgemma and VM box and the father in law can’t cope without his sky sports.

So the question is:
Is it ok to have a splitter and run one cable to the zgemma box, and another to the VM box simultaneously so that they can switch between HDMI 1&2 on their TV and live in harmony? Or is it dangerous territory having service in both boxes at the same time?

P.S. i already have spare VM splitter and VM cables to do this.

its absolutely fine to do this as many still have legit TiVo boxes linked up with a Zgemma

yes it is ok to do that if you are not using the zgemma just unplug it till you are ready to watch movies,sports .
Ok, so it wouldn’t be ok to have a Tivo box and zgemma linked up at the same time?

Just trying to think of an easy way for a couple in their 60’s to be able to use both Tivo and zgemma without having to pull and plug cables all the time. Any suggestions?

It's perfectly fine. That's my setup. As when I took out Virgin it was cheaper to get broadband and a basic TV package than it was just to get the broadband. Just make sure the splitter you get is of high quality.

It's perfectly fine. That's my setup. As when I took out Virgin it was cheaper to get broadband and a basic TV package than it was just to get the broadband. Just make sure the splitter you get is of high quality.
Ok great I’ll give it a go, was just wondering if there would be any red flags at the other end if both were plugged in at the same time.

Thanks for the help.

Ok great I’ll give it a go, was just wondering if there would be any red flags at the other end if both were plugged in at the same time.

Thanks for the help.
No it won't set off any red flags at virmin's end. i have exactly the same setup with a Zgemma H2 and a tivo on at the same time. Just make sure to use a decent quality splitter and you should be ok.

Back