VOD issue when not using provider's app

enstagna

Hi all

New to IPTV and this forum so excuse me if this is asked all the time. I'm having a massive issue playing VOD content on anything but the provider's own app. This wouldn't be an issue but it means I can't watch on my Samsung TV without getting a firestick or android box which I didn't want to have to do.

Live TV works absolutely fine, and all the movies and TV shows appear. But when a film is selected, no description appears, and when played the app times out.

But this isn't the case for all films, about 1/10 of the films work, and around 1/3 TV shows work.

Same goes on my phone, when using a player such as xciptv

I've tried around 5 providers and they've all worked perfectly on the tv, and the ones that offered UHD content also worked, so what's so special about this one?

Is just really strange that they all work perfectly when using the providers own app, which is a reskinned version of IBO player I believe. But didn't work on the default IBO player for android.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

I've tried around 5 providers and they've all worked perfectly on the tv, and the ones that offered UHD content also worked, so what's so special about this one?

If you've tried five that work and found one that doesn't then you could just use one of the five providers that works with your setup, and forget about this one that doesn't work. It doesn't work and that's the whole point of trials.

If you've tried five that work and found one that doesn't then you could just use one of the five providers that works with your setup, and forget about this one that doesn't work. It doesn't work and that's the whole point of trials.
Very true but its too late now (through no fault but my own). The other 5 all had something else wrong / wasn't what I was looking for. This one has everything I wanted, trialed it while away and assumed it would work fine when back. Now just trying to make the most of the situation.

If you are able to, try changing the Stream Format from MPEGTS to HLS or Default or vice versa and see if that works!
Edit... Just read your initial post again, Has your provider supplied you with the URL?

What device are you currently using to watch your IPTV (using your providers App)?

Has the providers app been installed on your TV?

Edit... Just read your initial post again, Has your provider supplied you with the URL?

What device are you currently using to watch your IPTV (using your providers App)?

Has the providers app been installed on your TV?
I have a xtream codes login info

Currently using android (mobile) to install the providers app

Providers app cannot be installed on tv unfortunately.

Two things I should add, when using the external player 'mx player' in the providers app, I have to set the decoder to HW+ for them to run. Is this significant?

And also when loging into the providers app, the host url is already supplied (I can't view it). Is there a potential that the URL has an added port that I'm not using with my own apps? If so why would live tv still work, and all the movies titles viewable just not playable

Cheers

Back