vonet connection on blade

mikejc01

Hi Guys,

I have got the vonet wifi bridge , plugged it into my pc and set it up .I dont get an ip address only mac address .I then plug it into my blade bm7000 and it says connection failed anyone out there that can help me

Mike

I have one of these wifi bridges too. Glad you have it sorted, maybe you can post what it is you did to fix the problem as it might help other members.

ok when your installing the vonet thats conneced to your pc/laptop .when it comes to putting in a password ,make sure you put in the password that you got from your internet provider.

These are the instructions I followed..... Might help someone

VONETS WIRELESS BRIDGE SETUP

1) install the software From CD supplied to your computer,

2) connect the WIFI bridge to your computer's Ethernet port and the usb plugged
into your usb port for power

3) Run the software and follow instructions

4) Highlight the wifi bridge and click next

5) Highlight your wireless network and click next

6) select your security of your wireless Router and enter password key or passphrase

7) Once you have installed everything you should get a flickering lights

you can now disconnect it from your pc and connect to your system.

Hi Guys,

I have got the vonet wifi bridge , plugged it into my pc and set it up .I dont get an ip address only mac address .I then plug it into my blade bm7000 and it says connection failed anyone out there that can help me

Mike

i have had the same problem but i dont know how to plud it into my pc

The Vonet Wi-Fi bridge has two connections as seen in the image below:

Vonetswifi.jpg

There is an ethernet connection and a USB connection. You have to plug both into your computer in order to configure the device.

plug the usb in into a usb slot then at the back of your pc you chould see a slot for your lan connection. When installing the software at the end its asks for a password. Make sure its the password that your isp give you to connect to the internet

Mike

Back