VPN Speed Issue

Skim

Hi All

I have signed upto express VPN and have copied the config to my router via open VPN. I also changed the DNS to the google DNS.

I have connected to a VPN service in east london which is my nearest server.

My speed before the VPN was 54mb on speed test - using the VPN tunnel has dropped this to 8mb.

Any ideas how I can increase the speed?

Thanks All

Skim

You're never going to get your full speed from any half decent VPN.
I use privateinternetaccess.com, i never get my full internet speed but i have zero problems streaming, downloading etc.

Thanks - I note that I will get a reduction in speed but I did not expect 50meg to 8 meg.

Would prefer something like 40meg

It also depends on things like the level of encryption, server load etc. You could be connecting to servers that are being hammered.
Never used express VPN so dont know how many server locations they offer. Try as many as you can one by one see if you find one with a speed you can live with.

i use my own vpn attached to seedbox 10 dollars a month and u get 300gig storage with super fast connection only u using

The dramatic drop in speed is due to your router, the CPU is probably not powerful enough to handle the speed of your internet connection with a VPN. If you run the VPN service on a normal machine you will probably get something close to your speed.

Back