VU+ Box newbie advice please

nbray67

I'm in the market for a VU+ box but I'm after some pointers/advice before I commit to buy one thru WOS. Budget £150-300. Or recommend me something that will give me my requirements. TIA.

My requirements are, if and where possible -

1) Being able to receive Sky Sports + BT Sports, the others if they are on there would be a bonus.
2) I would like not lose HD viewing that I currently have via Sky - Does the VU+ give me the above channels in HD.
3) User friendly, easy to use menus etc...

That's it really as all I'm really bothered about is having full access to my beloved football channels that BT Sport have outbid Sky on.

Again, TIA.

you will lose hd channels if you leave sky,they are there in the other non provider boxes but not viewable,if you have vm cable then a cable tuner will give you your hd channels.
there are other hd channels working on other sats if you had a motorised dish.

Thx cactikid. Losing HD is not a deal breaker but it would of been nice to be able to view what I'm use to.

I'm in the market for a VU+ box but I'm after some pointers/advice before I commit to buy one thru WOS. Budget £150-300. Or recommend me something that will give me my requirements. TIA.

My requirements are, if and where possible -

1) Being able to receive Sky Sports + BT Sports, the others if they are on there would be a bonus.
2) I would like not lose HD viewing that I currently have via Sky - Does the VU+ give me the above channels in HD.
3) User friendly, easy to use menus etc...

That's it really as all I'm really bothered about is having full access to my beloved football channels that BT Sport have outbid Sky on.

Again, TIA.

BT sports is still being broadcast HD on the satellite side. That includes the new european champions league channel as well as bt 1/2 and espn. I've had no probs with vu+ boxes. You should be able to pick up for about £110 new. Menus and setup easy better than the cheaper F5 boxes especially when channels move as they run enigma 2. Twin tuner boxers like zgem etc are cheaper than vu boxes but personally have no experience of them so can't comment

Back