VU+ Duo clone ferrari 3.2

Hi everyone,

I hope you clever guys out there can give me some advice.

I have a clone vu+ Duo which was running fine until I went to work abroad in France for the last couple of months so the box was switched off for about 8 weeks.

When I got back home I tried to turn it on but all I have is starting on the display.

When I first boot the box I have the red light with starting on the display then the light goes out and I get VU DUO on the display then it goes back to starting and it stays that way.

I have tried to flash it with a clone safe image (black hole) via usb it says reading uf and nf and then goes back to starting again and that's it.

Will I have to re-install the software/firmware via the serial port ? (RS232) If so I only have a new laptop running windows 10 with no serial port...I do have a USB to serial adapter so I'm not sure if that will work ?

Also I'm a newbie to this so I'm not even sure how to re-install the image via the serial port so I hope someone can help me with a step by step guide...many many thanks.

Kind regards,

Mark

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for your post.

I forgot to mention that I have another vu duo clone that my son is using while I was working away from home....So I borrowed his and took the chance and switched the power supplies to see if that solved the problem and my box was still the same.

I even tried my power supply in my sons box and it was working fine.

I know about the red light problem with bad caps and maybe the reg might need repairing.

So its not a power supply problem.

Many thanks for your help though.

Regards,

Mark

one of the issues with clones is inferior built and wont last as long as original,support and images can be a right pain,originals can use any .

Hi Mark
i had this problem when i had a clone, it sounds to me when you are trying to flash the box via USB the box does not like the USB you are using as they can be a bit funny, either format your USB to FAT32 and try again or use another USB stick make sure you format to FAT32 and use clone safe image the box should state its reading from USB when it has accepted the USB and take awhile so dont panic the box should state Remove USB and Reboot when flash has been done, in my experience my clone box did not last long after this as it kept needing a reflash every couple of week until it when bang.

PM me if you need advise on an image

Redtowner

hope this helps

Back