Vu+ solo pro

readychef

Hi Everyone,
Hope someone out there can help me...
I have a Vu+solo pro receiver ( well my sister). Watching tv this morning it froze when she turned it back on it said unattained update please don't switch off then it went blank.
Now when you try to turn it on the blue light comes on straight away and the screen is blank. Cant do anything with it.
Please please help. Any advise ??

Cheers lads,
readychef.

Hi I'm afraid it sounds like the box is now bricked..as vu solo pro is a clone box updating it will have time bombed your flash chip
this is anti-clone measures put into drivers by VU.
if by error or any way the box did an inbox/software update then the only fix is a flash chip replacement..

Hi Dummer thanks for the quick reply. So there's no chance of flashing ( I think that's what they call it !!) the receiver.
I ve just been in touch with my server whom I also bought the receiver off and he said he has to send it back to the factory to be reflashed (30 quid+ p&p) and Eight weeks.
Shit if my sister has no tele for eight weeks her kids will go mad !!!! or drive her mad !!!.

Is there anything I can do with the receiver ??

Hi Dummer thanks for the quick reply. So there's no chance of flashing ( I think that's what they call it !!) the receiver.
I ve just been in touch with my server whom I also bought the receiver off and he said he has to send it back to the factory to be reflashed (30 quid+ p&p) and Eight weeks.
Shit if my sister has no tele for eight weeks her kids will go mad !!!! or drive her mad !!!.

Is there anything I can do with the receiver ??

Hi mate if it has done an image update then the box has had it I'm afraid...
BUT check first to see if by some chance there's a glitch and see if you can flash it....
ask your seller for the correct clone safe image and give it go but failing that it's only fix is to replace the flash chip.

if the chip has gone I would seriously think about cutting your losses sell it for parts on fleabay and buy a Zgemma that runs genuine images like openATV and can be updated and no chance of a brick..
you can use your line for any E2 box.

Last edited:
Cactikid.... Unfortunately I didn't know till now it was a clone. The guy recommended this receiver and it wasn't that cheap (€210). As a server he's brilliant. Ive bought a few f5s receivers off him with no problems. So when he recommended this Vu+solo pro I trusted him. But ... it does seem to freeze quite abit.

Cactikid.... Unfortunately I didn't know till now it was a clone. The guy recommended this receiver and it wasn't that cheap (€210). As a server he's brilliant. Ive bought a few f5s receivers off him with no problems. So when he recommended this Vu+solo pro I trusted him. But ... it does seem to freeze quite abit.

Get a Zgemma s2 bloody great box runs genuine openATV and only £77.

must be a year ago thousands of boxes got killed with a driver update,you take a bigger chance of something going wrong with a clone. i know its not nice having an online update do something thats natural to us all.

I'm surprised seller did not take out the files or do the driver swap that would prevent and block the drivers updating..
thats the way to be super safe running a vu clone..
as it goes there are now some faily cheap single tuners like vu zero or solose and new technomate two of these are under £100..
but as I posted best twin tuner out there for value is Zgemma s2..set it up on openATV and no dramas any more..I have mine running latest Vix image with updates turned of and is a fantastic little box,you need to set up a usb hard drive for recording but a single usb caddy is only a £5 and uses any 2.5 hard drive upto 750mb..would be worth you considering..

Last edited:
Do you think I should give it back to the server and let him sort it ?? He said he would send it back to the factory to be reflashed and would cost €30+ p&p which I don't mind but its the eight weeks ???.
Just thought I could maybe do it quicker myself.

all i can say to anybody buying a box is to do research on the name image used, and back up support is vital ,best of luck with next one.

Rather than pay £30.00 plus p&p for a repair i would buy a f5 or v8s,plus it is easy to use and update.
just my 2p

all i can say to anybody buying a box is to do research on the name image used, and back up support is vital ,best of luck with next one.

Great advice..a few minutes on google and you will learn alot...also ask questions here or elsewhere....

---------- Post Merged at 10:10 PM ----------

If its timebombed then the flash chip needs replacing unfortunately before you can flash an image..

i always question everything i want to buy,nearly got this but was 2 sense short lol

HTML:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyCtaciiM8Y

Morseman I know. I myself have a f5s with never a problem and my brother has the new V8s also no problems BUT my sister wanted to able to stream films that's why my server recommended the Vu+solo pro receiver. Now I feel like shit for telling her to get the Vu. Anyway lads thanks for your inputs much appreciated !!!

---------- Post Merged at 10:22 PM ----------

Cactikid That video is brilliant !!! thanks for the cheering up mate.... cheers !!!

vu are top quality boxes,its the clone boxes that people have the gripe with,i replaced a solo original with a faster more powerful technomate tm nano se £100 running vix and kod.

Cactikid ... with this receiver been a clone would that explain why it freezes so much. I have a f5s myself with the same server with no problems. Just wondering ....

One of the main causes of constant freezing and glitching is the box getting to hot...
and or a poor server...if you say your server is good then it is most likely the box overheating.

Back