VU+ Solo2 DVB-S2 worth the upgrade?

Phil99z

Hi all,

I'm currently using my old Zgemma H2S box from back in the day of c-line etc but now it's running the latest Wooshbuild Infinity build with IPTV and also a satellite connection from my Sly dish for the Freeview stuff in addition to a 256gb USB stuck in the back for recording etc.

I've also still got my old Sly HD box with the basic subscription since the missus likes the recording feature and free on demand stuff (iplayer, etc).

The Zgemma box works fine with the Freeview and IPTV but I'm finding it a tad slow and it feels quite clunky so I'm very tempted to upgrade. The box of choice seems to the VU+ Solo2 DVB-S2 so just wondering if the people that have made the jump from the Zgemma to the VU+ think it's worth it.

Ideally I want something fast that can cope with the Freeview stuff (via the sly connection) and also my IPTV account, in addition to something that can record internally so I can finally ditch the ancient Sly HD box.

Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Solo2 is now an old box but works great and fast as still using mine,just be carefull of clone models if buying one.

The way i look at boxes now is older boxes have fixed tuners so stuck on that only.
vu solo2 at £179

Mutant hd51 4K Uhd H.265 at £159 has swapable tuners

Always used VU boxes and can't really compare Zgemma to VU different league but all depends on your budget. Vu ultimo is a great box but not cheap. As cactkid suggests ,mutant is a great box and for very little money compared to the upper VU models.

Back