1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vu Uno 4k - are the tuners plug & play?

Discussion in 'Vu+ UNO Support' started by Sparky81, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Sparky81

Sparky81 Member

I bought a Vu Uno 4K with a cable tuner a few months back, and through a series of unfortunate events, managed to lose my VM feed and lock myself into a BT broadband contract (I was unlucky!).

I'm not considering moving to multi-sat - does anyone know if the VU+ Single Satellite DVB-S/S2 Tuner Module sold on WOS is compatible with my box? The list on the site says it is compatible with Vu+ DUO2, UNO, SOLO SE, SOLO SE V2, SOLO4K, ULTIMO & ULTIMO4K, but doesn't mention the Uno 4K...

Any ideas?

2. paddyh

paddyh Member

i also would like to know this, did you ever find out?

3. grog68

grog68 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

I would ask WOS to get a definitive answer.

4. cactikid

cactikid VIP Member

looking at specs for the 4k box it states new fbc tuners and might only be a twin module.

5. Sparky81

Sparky81 Member

Think I'll get in touch with WOS. I was hoping to sit out my contract with BT and sign-up with Virgin, however that is no longer going to be viable with cable going down next year...

6. Sparky81

Sparky81 Member

7. grog68

grog68 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

you could see if you can sell your box with the dvb-c tuners and then buy the dvb-s version of the box, depending on what you get it may end up costing you less than buying the replacement tuner