VU+ UNO 4k

Whitwori

hi

I'm looking to get one of the above boxes and would like a bit of info and basic review from anyone who has one. I'm getting for the FBC tuner to be able to record more, I will be on cable.

Does it indeed record up to 8 from a single feed?
What is best image to put on?
Is it easy to set up?
I believe it uses OSCAM, again is this easy to set up?
I will be adding a 1 TB external hard drive, is that ok?

I have currently a ZGemma h2h (fta Sat now) and technomate nano (on cable which has been sold to fund VU) with the great help and support on here I got them set up reasonably easy so hoping same for vu+

Any help and review very much appreciated

Thanks

Yes.
Same as any other box, depends on preference and what you're comfortable with.
It's the same as any other E2 box to set up.
Yes, if you follow the guides on here.
Yes.

It'll work for sure, though might be worth asking your provider if he'd have a problem with it.

Can't see it being an issue unless you're recording absolutely loads of stuff simultaneously but it's not my server so I couldn't tell you.

I have been using the Uno 4k box since the start of the year, we upgraded from the H2H and the difference is night and day. As Janso has said follow the E2 guides to get the box setup, its the same process as most boxes depending on the image you use. There are now plenty of threads on here regards oscam, they are worth a read. It was trial and error for me but I got there in end. I did ask my provider if it was ok to use oscam first though.

One line into the box will make all the tuners work, they can be easily switched on and off in the tuner configuration. I only have 3 working at the moment as I only pay for 3 connections and don't want to take the mick.

Last edited:
Back