Watching a recording whilst recording something else

padder

Is this possible? If I'm recording a programme and try to go to My Recorder it asks if I want to stop the current recording. Any way to do both? Also, If I go to multimedia and then movies, I can see my recorded programmes but if I try to play it says format unsupported. Am I doing something wrong?

What are you trying to do? Watch a pre-recorded program whilst recording another? Not sure what you mean dude.

Why not just watch the tv program while recording it why would you try to watch a recording that has not finished recording

as the box is a single tuner recording comes first over viewing i think,people want to record a program and watch another=need a twin tuner box.

as the box is a single tuner recording comes first over viewing i think,people want to record a program and watch another=need a twin tuner box.

This is correct. The only way to record and watch at the same time on BM5000 or BM7000, is if they are on the same transponder.

I think people maybe have the wrong end of the stick about what I mean. I wanted to watch a programme I had previously recorded but happened to try and do it at a time I was recording another programme. The blade wouldn't let me watch the pre recorded programme without cancelling the current recording. Just wondering if there was a way around this.

Just for clarity, it wasn't the programme which was recording at the time I was trying to watch nor was it something which was live at the time I tired to watch it (Was from the previous evening and on my external hard drive)

My SLY+ box had 2 tuners so I could record 2 programmes at once or record one and watch another but I could also record 2 and watch something off my hard drive. I'm just trying to find out if it is possible to watch something from the hard drive whist recording something else.

---------- Post Merged at 09:21 PM ----------

Why not just watch the tv program while recording it why would you try to watch a recording that has not finished recording
That wasn't what I was doing but there are plenty of time I start watching a programme I've recorded before it's finished. Particularly useful for programmes with adverts in them so you can FF through the ads

as said no you cannot,you have the choice of watching 1 program only and cannot have a recording in process on another tp,for that you need a twin tuner,you wont be the first or last to think they can do both.

as said no you cannot,you have the choice of watching 1 program only and cannot have a recording in process on another tp,for that you need a twin tuner,you wont be the first or last to think they can do both.
I think you're right that I can't do it but fail to see what the number of tuners has to do with it as I'm only tuned in to 1 channel. The other programme is on my hard drive. Surely I don't need a tuner to watch a programme I have previously recorded?

tried an experiment here on the vu duo both tuners recordings,6 recordings going at once lol and still can play my recordings

tried an experiment here on the vu duo both tuners recordings,6 recordings going at once lol and still can play my recordings
Cheers, can you stick the kettle on. I'll come around to watch my recording.

If I had any confidence in SKY not changing their encryption I'd spring for a VU+ box

there is more than 1 sat up there people forget,and ts media on the vu brings other things to view,movies,sports,iptv.

Back