What box next?

Poppypop8

Hi all,
ive been running a kryptview a780 for some years now with absolutely no problems and before that a eurovox. I'm wanting to update now, to something maybe with HD quality. Price range I am open minded but the cheaper the better but I know quality comes at a price.
i have VM unlimited internet and I do have cable, I also have an old SLY sat dish that I may be able to get working .
Ive looked at the Amiko mini HD combi? Any good?
Thanks in advance

Just decide your budget first, then work from there, you basically get what you pay for.

Keep your eye on the latest posts on the forum homepage

See how many are Zgemma problems or Openbox problems lol

Cheers, exactly why I'm asking. My kryptview has been seem less but picture quality is letting it down now but has served me well.

Mut@nt do a single tuner cable box for £80, Miraclebox is £100

I would buy one of these rather than a Zgemma but plenty go down the Zgemma route.

Any decent ones at a lower budget, i am unsure if i will use the recording feature that both of these boxes have? My main aim is to have a reliable box with HD quality, my kryptview is reliable but does not have the HD quality (after the years i have had it even normal quality would be good).
I know you get what you pay for and in the end we all wish we went that little further for something better. Im after an improvemnt in my viewinig and at the minute i do not want all singing / all dancing :-).

---------- Post Merged at 01:20 PM ----------

Thanks Bees, i will take a look.

Then have a look at the two I mentioned, miracle box has a samsung tuner so it's a bit
more expensive.

I would say either of these are qood quality boxes with good support, both HD.

You can go cheaper again with the Amiko range or Q5 boxes but I wouldn't personally, as they
have had some issues with weak tuners.

A cable sub will cost you in the region of £60 - 80 per year and you will see a massive improvement from a stability
point of view and it will have a good EPG.

Last edited:
Don't now weather you meant to press the PM button, but there is
nothing in my inbox

Ha ha sorry, you are correct it was by mistake.
Thanks for all your help, really should of kept up with all this instead of burying my head in the sand as I knew at one point I would want to upgrade my box.
one more question, any good websites where to buy or is it just a Google search away? Recommendations welcome.

You need to clear your inbox.

Don't factory reset if you can help it.

Try Dreambox Control Center to ftp to the box
if you are having problems with filezilla

Back