What Box to get?

masterkm

Hi, Im new to this scene after being without a cable box since my Eurovox went down, so I wish some1 could fill me in on what is the best route to take.

1. What is the best box to get now on LAN support? ie. Dreambox, Starview or Kryptview
2. WHat is the procedure on getting them with all channels?

All advice would be much appreciated as i miss the channels :(

hi all anyone know where i can get the latest firmware fo eurovoxex1000sl as im new to all this any help will be much appreciated thanks

cable box kryptview 780. nobody has a working cable box anymore made by starview,euroview or ddigital as the server has gone down for the last 4 weeks
if your going the sat route,you will need a dish setup and look at the blade box as its getting good reports.

Added after 4 minutes:

eurovox ex1000sl was that a cable box you had that will not work anymore on cable same as other older cable boxs with n3 and no lan port.

Last edited:
What is the reliability of the Krptview boxes regarding how long they will last?

Is there a specific firmware that is the best? Or is there just the one?

From this I can therfore get my box..

What is the reliability of the Krptview boxes regarding how long they will last?

Is there a specific firmware that is the best? Or is there just the one?

From this I can therfore get my box..

No one can tell you how long the KV will last, there are NO guarantees.

As for the firmware, just use the latest which can be found in our download section.

cable will be inferior to sat but sat is harder and more complexif your a novice,cable will give you say 300 channels,sat can give 5000+ on a lot of sats.

cable side is very easy to sort as u no, as long as their servers are up and running. satellite side is more tricky but well worth trying. start with a dreambox 500s about £60

If your talking about the sat route i have a dm 800 hd good box but very expensive many cheaper copies about though

I'd suggest look no further than a Dreambox. Any experience person will tell you they are easy to set up and use are very reliable and are much better than a Starview and a Kryptview (those boxes are rubbish in comparison to a Dreambox).

If you want HD get a DM800 but if you don't get a DM500. They arn't too expensive either they can be picked up fairly cheap, the 500 for £50-£60 and an 800 for around £140-£160.

Added after 2 minutes:

As for the channels its not as simple as like cable was. You'd need either a subscription card or a server with a card.

Last edited:
Back