What could be causing the exact same receiver on same setup, to lose signal?

Reedo

I'll try and explain as best as I can.

I have my own H2H setup at home, it's working perfectly fine.

Yesterday I was setting up a H2H on the same connections (basically just unplugged my box, and swapped it with the new one I'm doing for someone else), both are using the same build, and both to the best of my memory have been setup with the same settings etc..

But on this new box, the signal strength is lower on some channels, I didn't check all, but for example sake.. BBC2 HD on my box had 73% signal, and with the other box plugged in, it had low 60%, and was breaking up.. had problems on BBC1 HD as well, just not as bad.

I wanted to ask here before I started messing about, could it just be that the second H2H isn't made as well as the other, so it's a problem with the receiver itself?

The only thing that differed between the two boxes, was that on the new one, I had to reflash Wooshbuild because I uninstalled the mgcamd softcam by mistake, could that have caused a problem?

I would make a backup of the good box and flash it to the new one and then delete the line details.
You will know then that the settings are exactly the same.

Is there anything else I could try?

I'm really reluctant to do the flashing and whatnot because I don't know how susceptible these boxes are to bricking.

Is it even possible that a setting or extension/plugin/anything on the box would cause signal loss?

If it's the exact same box on the exact same cables then the image would be the first thing I would try.
Are they the same model tuners? I don't know if Zgemma have always used the same tuner.

Sounds like a tuner difference m8, and after all, they are zgemma's... not the best on the market...???

If it's the exact same box on the exact same cables then the image would be the first thing I would try.
Are they the same model tuners? I don't know if Zgemma have always used the same tuner.

Haven't got a clue mate. I'll try and look into that, and find if there's a way to check.

Sounds like a tuner difference m8, and after all, they are zgemma's... not the best on the market...???
Maybe so (I wouldn't know! :grin:), it's just annoying that I've set up 3 that are all working perfectly and then there's this current stubborn bugger.

Should tell you in Tuner Config or via openwebif what model tuner is installed.
Tuner seems to have the same (what I assume is) model number. On the screen where you choose tuner A / B. Both say Tuner B: ATBM7811

What I have noticed though is that in Menu > Info > About , kernel and drivers are different.

My box is older so the Kernal is 4.0.1 and Drivers date is 2017-01-12

The box I've been trying to set up is 4.10.6 & 2017-06-23 respectively. So it's a newer build.

Would what you said earlier about getting an image of my older/working box change that, or is that internal stuff that can't be changed?

Ok this is weird, but it's worked.

My area has a few different area codes, so I just tried one of the others and I'm getting 73% signal on everything now, which like on my other box, is perfect quality.

Seems a bit odd that two boxes on the same connections require different area codes..

Back