What happens when a new channel appears?

RustyMG

TK Veteran
Hi all,
Just a random IPTV thought.....
Got my Zgemma h2s set up for IPTV via the enigma e2 install script my provider gave me.
Everything is fine, but what actually happens if a new channel comes into being, or one gets removed - how would my Zgemma get a new channel list, as I'm thinking EPG importer simply pulls in the data to match up to whatever channels are listed.
I was just thinking of the chaos in the sat scene when BT Sports came into being and no one could get the channels added to their box at the time.....

I think with scripts you need to restart the box to pull in changes

I had xtream editor and you set the time and it pulled the changes in when ever you wanted

So the script should run from a "cold start " / full reboot and adjust accordingly?
Never gave that a thought.
I just assumed the script was a "run once" via Putty to get the info onto my box.

I'm no pro on scripts but I have seen posts on the site about people say they set timers so the boxes restarts to get a update

What silver says above plus if you use epg importer set it to update at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just set a power timer for during the night, then you won't see it happen

Menu
Timers
Power timers

Hi, I can only see an option to, eg, reboot the box when its in standby, so its then "on".
I know I could simply add another timer to eg then put the box back into standby 2 minutes later, but am I missing a "one shot" option that makes the box when in standby do a "full cycle" then go back to standby?

the script pulls the bouquets and channel lists from the provider.

you can set it so they are downloaded hourly if you want.

the epg will be blank at this point. so set epg importer to import daily.

my provider has a sports section where each fixture has a stream / channel and that bouquet only goes 6hrs or so in advance. so i set the script to update every 2 hours and it means that the section is always upto date and any extra streams they add for big games are there.

so it can easily be done this way

I have

Go to deep sleep
Reboot system
Restart gui
Do nothing
Wake up
Wakeup to standby
Auto standby
Auto deep standby
Go to standby

Back