What Image / Plugin ? What Is Available ? Where To Find ?

asteroid1

Hi Guys,
A newbie to TK and to Cloud Ibox.
I have used a skybox for sometime but now it's time to try something else - keeping within a budget.

Time to try a Cloud Ibox 2.

What images are available for the ibox, what do they give me and where can I find them. Also what plugins etc ?

Sorry for asking but with using a skybox for a while I'm not used to many features or options.

Cheers

you can use vix, blackhole or open pli. the best one to use is vix. however. make sure it is a clone safe version on all cloud boxes.

Sorry to jump in but can I ask why you are thinking of changing to cloud ibox from skybox?

I'm looking at buying one of the two but can''t decide which

not sure how to use this forum,but i was recording from a skybox f3 to memory stick,but not sure how to play it back,i put stick into tv and message read
file not supported, sorry for just bouncing in here..

Last edited:
Sorry to jump in but can I ask why you are thinking of changing to cloud ibox from skybox?

I'm looking at buying one of the two but can''t decide which

The skybox is very straight forward to setup and use. I have both F3 and F5 boxes but the features on them are very limited. It does not have a 7 day EPG ( only shows whats on now or next - which is so irritating ). Sometimes the box will freeze and you have to turn it off at the mains to free it up again - and that's on both the F3 and F5. The skybox is also limited to only a few add-on apps.
Just a couple of reasons why I am thinking of changing...oh and because the cloud is of a comparable price.
I hope this helps.
Cheers.

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 PM ----------

not sure how to use this forum,but i was recording from a skybox f3 to memory stick,but not sure how to play it back,i put stick into tv and message read

It will almost definately be the tv you are trying to play it on... some tv's will not support certain file formats. It plays ok on computer etc from mem sticks ( becoz most computers and laptops will have plenty of video codecs installed to play it back ).
You will most likely have to find out what files types your tv supports and then convert the file on the mem stick to suit.
Cheers

Last edited:
The skybox is very straight forward to setup and use. I have both F3 and F5 boxes but the features on them are very limited. It does not have a 7 day EPG ( only shows whats on now or next - which is so irritating ). Sometimes the box will freeze and you have to turn it off at the mains to free it up again - and that's on both the F3 and F5. The skybox is also limited to only a few add-on apps.
Just a couple of reasons why I am thinking of changing...oh and because the cloud is of a comparable price.
I hope this helps.
Cheers.

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 PM ----------

It will almost definately be the tv you are trying to play it on... some tv's will not support certain file formats. It plays ok on computer etc from mem sticks ( becoz most computers and laptops will have plenty of video codecs installed to play it back ).
You will most likely have to find out what files types your tv supports and then convert the file on the mem stick to suit.
Cheers

On Skybox you play back recorded files using the integrated media player app.

I have 2 skybox f5s's and wouldnt recommend unless its just for watching occasionally. Certainly no form of reliable recordin. So I just got my plus2 tonight and im in same boat as you asteroid1. Here we go lol

i would not bother with these clone boxes. i would go for a octagon sf8. although the cloud box dose function well it is cheaply made so therefore will eventualy have problems.they are also very hit and miss as they are made by about 20 different manufacturers there is no such thing as a original one. you have already spent £100 for two skybox f5s. the octagon sf8 is only £128.00 and supports the vix image.

Spent 5 hrs setting up ibox 2 plus last night and nowhere near done. Of ur not techie use someones backup image. Its a nightmare step by step lol

Spent 5 hrs setting up ibox 2 plus last night and nowhere near done. Of ur not techie use someones backup image. Its a nightmare step by step lol

It's not really a nightmare but there is a learning curve to it. You can use someone else's backup but my advice would be to set it up yourself since you will learn a lot more that way and you can pick up skills that can later be applied to desktop linux, Android and even OSX.

Its all so easy as soon as I get it right. Feels like I should have knoen. Just got myself confused trying too hard to do too many settings instead of major things first minor later.

Its all so easy as soon as I get it right. Feels like I should have knoen. Just got myself confused trying too hard to do too many settings instead of major things first minor later.

My advice (and this is only my advice) is to flash your image and then setup your CAMS, then Bouquets, then EPG and take a backup when that stuff works.

After that you can play around with plugins etc as much as you like.

Back