what is best for me

savwarny

Hello,

I have been reading through threads but can not work out what is best for me. I am currently a sly customer, my contact ends in 30 days. I have my broad band through virgin. What set up would be best for me. I would like to be able to record whilst watching.

Which box is best for my needs?
Am i able to have a guide like sly as that is what i am used to?
Can someone pm me a place to buy gift?

Thank you

For what you're after I would recommend buying a zgemma H2S from our forum sponsor. As for the other things, just look at the links in my signature. HTH.

The h2s will only do sky, I don't know if you want to have virgin. As there is boxes that will do cable
im know pro on the cable. As cable stops about 50meters from my house the other side of bridge

I already have the cables for satellite so that will perhaps be best. Or is there benefits to cable? Cheers

As said I have no idea how cable works. Do they not run the cable already in your house, or do you run. Cable from your hub

I already have the cables for satellite so that will perhaps be best. Or is there benefits to cable? Cheers
Cable has an advantage over usual normal satellite, you can get the channels in HD (sports movie etc) compared to with sat its all only in SD due to change of frequency..

How much do you want to pay for a box? and you need to buy one with a twin tuner, to be able to record and watch another channel.

With my h2s I can record two HD channel and watch a third
and I have recorded three sd channels and watched a 4th no problem

you could go for a dual satellite tuner and use your existing cables, basically a box swap apart from the software set up.
or you could go for a hybrid - one satellite input and one cable input.
If you want HD gor for the hybrid. if you're happy with SD go with the dual sat.
either way, you can watch one channel and record another at the same time.
the hybrid will require two lines, the dual sat just one (make sure your line is set up for multi-room)

There is plenty of info on here if look for it.

Kieron

Sorry but I'm a novice. Where would I get my virgin line from as i only have 1 cable for my broadband. Do I need a multi room line to record and watch. I think I'm happy with sd if it makes it easier.

MOT kieron

Richard

Sorry but I'm a novice. Where would I get my virgin line from as i only have 1 cable for my broadband. Do I need a multi room line to record and watch. I think I'm happy with sd if it makes it easier.

MOT kieron

Richard
if any vm users can help, am i right in saying you need 2 virgin cables? one for internet and then one for the box if using cable?

you can use a splitter if you want from the bband feed

As you have both Cable and Satellite I would go for the Zgemma h1
You can get a splitter and an extra length of coax to use a cable feed. You get HD Channels, but can also record and watch 1 (Record Cable & watch Sat -or vice versa)
Not difficult to set up there is an online auction site that may or may not have free gifts (at a cost)
Satellite requires a little more work, as they move the channels around quite a lot.

£70 for the box, £10 for splitter and coax (top end) plus then find a line

Hope this helps
5 Bellies

(This is roughly my setup but I have 2 Zgemma H1's)

If you go cable and sat you will be requiring a sat and cable line or one that does both not many around but they do exist. I use the h2h sat and cable and have added an extra cable tunner i can now record in hd aswell its a good box. All you need to decide is if hd is really important to you.

if you have a big tv then go the cable route sd sport is awful on a big screen I would recommend a box officially supported by vix and with an internal hard drive if your budget can stretch to it saves messing about with use drives

The feed that goes into your router would go to a splitter and then two feeds would come off the splitter, presuming it is a two way splitter. One to your cable in on the stb, and the other to your router. If your have a satellite feed too, then that would be an added bonus as the satellite lines tend to be cheaper than cable lines. There are suppliers that will provide both cable and sat lines and maybe offer a discount if you get both from them.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Have a read here

You need to sort out how much you want to spend first before going all around the houses

Back