what line di i need for LX2

21sam

Hi my provider has stopped and his line does not work anymore

So the line I had was a newcamd.file but now I have been offered a CCcam line

So what the difference between a newcamd.file and a CCcam line

And is it possible to use a CCcam line in a LX2 box and if so where do I put it.

does your line need a fix/edit to work again,many had boxes down and now working again.?read around the forum posts as you might see what needs changing.

i only use nlines better quality.

look in your softcamms manager and if you see mgcamm as the active camm you have been using a n-line or goto usr/keys and you will see a file called newcamd.list.

look in your softcamms manager and if you see mgcamm as the active camm you have been using a n-line or goto usr/keys and you will see a file called newcamd.list.

Yes i have done that and it is a newcamd.list but getting a new reliable one is not as easy as it looks. there are plenty to chose from but i think some are out for a fast buck

Yes i have done that and it is a newcamd.list but getting a new reliable one is not as easy as it looks. there are plenty to chose from but i think some are out for a fast buck

have you sorted a line yet mate

have you sorted a line yet mate

Well yes and no I have got a test line but I am not able to get it to work, I have made such a mess with my LX2 box, I am trying to find forcefire image and reflas my LX but the link to it does not work

Last edited:
LX 2 with Vix ?

C lines go into CCcam.cfg file in the ETC folder

Make sure you have Mg Camd switched off, only one cam can run at a time.

Put your line in that file then switch on CCcam.2.3.0

In theory N lines are better than C lines but if your server is not over subscribed
you won't notice any difference.

Last edited:
Hi I am running a Golden Interstar XPEED LX2 with vix I originally set the box up with Forcefires backup image then added my line back in april and it has worked very well until this week when my line went down (newcamd.)I have got another test line and deleted the old line and added the new newcamd but it will not work I have Restarted mgcamd but still nothing.

The problem is I mess about so much I think I need to reflash and start again. that's why I am looking foe forcefire image backup

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 PM ----------

I had a newcamd.lst and it was in usr/keys it was called newcamd.list so when I got my new line I deleted the old line and added the new one but it did not work. and I have changed so much I think I need to start again from scratch

Hi mate I can't do much at the mo because I'm stuck in work but when I get in I got a full back up stored on my pc I take it you're running nline only thing you will need to change will be region now I should be able to send it to you if that helps mate

No prob mate I be home about 2 workers will see what I can sort out mate

---------- Post Merged at 08:47 AM ----------

Wow that would be brilliant thank you so much

Pm me you're email address just found a guide in my drop box but can't access on my phone to see if it ok will send it to you to try

Ok so now i am at a dead end. i have a LX2 box and it has been running just fine untill last week when my line went down.

So i got a new test line and deleted the old line a (newcamd.list) I deleted this file and added the new test line (newcamd.lsi) in the same place i then restarted the mgcamd all the free channels are there but all the paid for channels are just black, thinking i might have messed it up i reflashed the box with and backup i made a few months ago then readded the test line and restarted mgcamd but its still will not work

What am i missing?

i would never use restore when box is flashed as you start from scratch and not re enter possible bugs.
when flashed did you download softcams 1.38 and/or 2.30 for mgcamd and/or cccam.
read back to where to send your nline or clines.
nlines go to usr/keys where 2 files are located newcamd.list and mg_cfg.

it would also be shown in bees tut for setting up enigma2 combo in the cable section.

i would never use restore when box is flashed as you start from scratch and not re enter possible bugs.
when flashed did you download softcams 1.38 and/or 2.30 for mgcamd and/or cccam.
read back to where to send your nline or clines.
nlines go to usr/keys where 2 files are located newcamd.list and mg_cfg.

it would also be shown in bees tut for setting up enigma2 combo in the cable section.

Thank you cactikid for you advice
When i originally set the box up i used forcefire backup image and that worked just fine. after a little while and adding my line i followed forcefire advice and made a backup image with my line in place and this is what i reflashed with so it already had softcams mgamd on it.

I have been trying to locate forcfire latest image but it does not seem to be available

Back