What now with Starview ???

How long do we cling too hope that SV server / card reader or bail application takes b4 were back online ??? Or is it goodnight for Starview users??

In my opinion if Starview s**t on us like they did with the Irish they will be committing business suicide, because would you recommend or purchase another Starview box ( even under an alias ).

Come on Starview release some info too a Trusted source so we can plan fir the furure

I'll wrap mine up and put in in the loft along with my dbox 2, itv digital box (with gold card) and my Jerold analogue cable box... Suppose what i'm saying here, is there is always something round the corner. ;)

suppose give it another week and if not give up, the only thing that annoys me on these box's are freeviews you still don't get all free to air channels , like movies 4, itv3'4 etc and why not?

suppose give it another week and if not give up, the only thing that annoys me on these box's are freeviews you still don't get all free to air channels , like movies 4, itv3'4 etc and why not?

maybe to get the FTA channels you have to link up via an aerial cable like you would with the original freeview box see answers from the freeivew home page
Freeview is only available through the digital terrestrial television system, that is, through an aerial.

If you are in a Freeview coverage area (see coverage checker below) you may find that your existing TV has Freeview built-in or alternatively you can invest in a digital box from around £20 which will enable you to watch Freeview through your current TV.

Free to view channels are available through a satellite service provider such as Freesat from the BBC & ITV or Freesat from Sky.

To contact Freesat from Sky call 0870 6061111 or to contact Freesat from BBC & ITV call 0845 313 0052.
so maybe there is your answer, if your NOT trying to use via a standard aerial ( rather than some sort of cable feed) or are not in the coverage area these boxes wont work for all freeview channels.
Yes you have paid far more for your SV7 boxes but you do/did get different options - which if you read the info form your seller you will see the difference. see comments from a sellers site via google
again assuming to get freeview you need a tv aerial
Please note these are FREE TO AIR receivers only.

They are only sold with standard Freeview software/firmware

Starview 7 Digital Receiver - DISCLAIMER

Please note that all receivers sold by XXXXXX are strictly FTA (free to air) and must not be used to obtain any subscription based television airtime without paying for it.
We do not in any way condone illegal use of our products what so ever and we cannot be held responsible for customers' unauthorised use.
Any illegal software/firmware found on these receivers WILL void your warranty and therefore cannot be returned under any warranty.
NOTE: If you decide to update the firmware and receive an error code which renders the product dead then this IS NOT covered by manufacturers warranty, this is done soley at your own risk.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if you use it as FTA or not, you are not allowed to connect to a VM cable, is it worth getting done for FTA :whacko: I think this will be the SV box I get, and if the Krypviewnites think they are safe lol

Hi every one,
Just a thought?
Is there away of making my SV HD box work like V***in Cable box?
So all I do is use my Cable smart card in my SV HD & I only watch what channels I have subscribed too?

regards
Singhie

Hi every one,
Just a thought?
Is there away of making my SV HD box work like V***in Cable box?
So all I do is use my Cable smart card in my SV HD & I only watch what channels I have subscribed too?

regards
Singhie

why would you want to do that if you have a vm sub and a vm box??? sorry just seems a daft idea!
smart cards and box's are married together

Doesn't matter if you use it as FTA or not, you are not allowed to connect to a VM cable, is it worth getting done for FTA :whacko: I think this will be the SV box I get, and if the Krypviewnites think they are safe lol

FTA is not illegal how do you think they getting around selling the box's in the first place the theft comes into when you receive premium/PPV.
could you imagine VM taking you to court for receiving bbc1 itv1, etc no

thanx Linny40 will also give that a go with TV.Ariel

Last edited:
FTA is not illegal how do you think they getting around selling the box's in the first place the theft comes into when you receive PPV for fee

selling a FTA box is not illegal you are right, but connecting a non VM box to a VM supply is against VM terms and conditions when you sign up to have one of there products.

Will they take you to court for itv BBC ect.... Don't know, ring them and tell them you have a FTA SV attached and let me know

Last edited:
if he was a clown he would have rang them, no one will ever ring them and say that LOL

it is ILLEGAL... because we are watching channels free of a charge in a sense and VM are losing alot of money out of it.

The reason for my question is because the SV Box has got HDMI plus I've
also rigged the surround sound to the SV box

My VM box is using scart because it has no HDMI & sound is in mono
The bonus is that the picture quality that I was getting from Non HD
channels on my SV box was near HD quality

Back