What receiver next?

intrigue

Long story short, got ibox 2 plus. Like messing with it.

Want to upgrade but don't want to blow loads - what should I go for? It's currently between a used vu duo with HDD at around £150 or so, or a brand new technomate nano 2t or something similar (recommendations?) for around the same money and then stick my own HDD in it? Must be a twin tuner with good support on the image and plugin front.

pros and cons would be useful! Warranty is obviously 1 pro!

Last edited:
wos have new duo for £199 less if a member over there and runs vix,how old is the used duo and is it a clone????

The duo's I've seen are used, but genuine. With 500 or 1tb hdd. 18 to 24 months old on average.

A new duo with hdd is £240. Thats another £90 on top of the cost of a used one, and my concern is how long I'll get use out of it. At £150, I need it to run 5 months to break even over what I was paying to sly. At £240 its 8 months. Catch my drift? With CS possibly disappearing at any time I need to consider all outcomes! But then again, I could look at it as if it does all go tits up, I'll have a twin tuner freesat box with hdd recording and the extra functionality.

Hmmmmm!!

I'd recommend this box as WOS has a deal on it, brand new Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super for £179, add a 500GB HDD for £40 so total is £219. This is the satellite box i've got my eye on, saving money aside to upgrade from a Openbox F5S ;), its also a twin tuner and has support from the ViX team.

I'd recommend this box as WOS has a deal on it, brand new Technomate TM-Nano 2 Super for £179, add a 500GB HDD for £40 so total is £219. This is the satellite box i've got my eye on, saving money aside to upgrade from a Openbox F5S ;), its also a twin tuner and has support from the ViX team.

Purchased!

Back