Whats a good Kodi build for an MX and a MXQ box

ls12crew

As title states i am in need of a decent kodi build for my MX and MXQ android boxes. ive been using my MXQ for months now but some how kodi locked up crashed and that was it, every time i tried going into kodi it would just return to home screen. so i went into android settings/apps/kodi and cleared the lower cache box and tried to run kodi but, still it would load boot screen and just go to home screen. so i went back into android settings/apps/kodi and cleared the other cache which removed the build altogether and now, KODI boots up just fine but its back to bare bones with no addons what so ever, and of course i can not remember the name of the build i was running on previously, so ive had a google, looked at a few and tried a couple but as any of you who own a MXQ will know this box is not too powerful and the build/wizards i tried were sluggish to the point of unusable at some points. so people what build do you suggest.

The specs are:
its an all black MXQ armlogic s805 running android 4.4.2 quadcore GPU Mali450 1gb internal memory 8gb storage.

So as you can see not much power but the build i had on last worked well was smooth and had many top addons just wish i could remember what build it was i had on there, Anyways time for something new so im hoping i can get some suggestions from TK.

Last edited:
Wookie have a great apk. 17.0 will work with older versions of android. When you have apk installed go into wookie wizard and install wookielite4lee great build with all the addons you need. For a better experience sign up for a real debrid account and link to your urlresolver. It will get you all links in highest quality with no bufferingz

Thanks will googl it now and test it in morning.
When downloading kodi apk you need to make sure it's the right one if you dont it won't work mate paradox is good it's a nice steady build once you've created an account it will give you option of different builds from them

When downloading kodi apk you need to make sure it's the right one if you dont it won't work mate paradox is good it's a nice steady build once you've created an account it will give you option of different builds from them
Yeah just been on there site looks like a nice build clean and simplistic and looks like they pretty much stayed with the confluence skin, Will install this they have a jarvis 16 version which is what this box needs thanks bazcfc1 will report back how it goes and if this build runs well on this type of box.

Just installing now think it going to take 20min to install as its going up % very slow and i chose adult build which im hoping has everything you would get in family build but with abit of adult stuff as well cos if its just adult will have to restart and just do family one.

So got it installed just got to get the plugins working as a lot come up blank when i go into them but think KODI needs some time to finish installing updates and i need to add realdebrid and oh yeah a vpn of course, But Paradox build is clean and fresh looking so hope i can get all the plugins/apps running but one thing i have noticed is that the main plugin/app i used in my last build is not there which is exodus and im not too sure how to add it to the build.

So got it installed just got to get the plugins working as a lot come up blank when i go into them but think KODI needs some time to finish installing updates and i need to add realdebrid and oh yeah a vpn of course, But Paradox build is clean and fresh looking so hope i can get all the plugins/apps running but one thing i have noticed is that the main plugin/app i used in my last build is not there which is exodus and im not too sure how to add it to the build.
Exodus has shut down and changed its name to revanant or covenant I think mate what kodi are you running if 17.3 you need to make sure it's right for that device mate

Always best to do your own build if you can.I Never use other peoples builds as they are too over complicated and full of things that you don't need or dont work.There are only about 14 repo's I use then just install everything you want and use something like Aeon Nox skin as it is very easy to use.Then use Adb Link to back up your build and just update it when you need to and you can also clone this to any box you want.

Exodus has shut down and changed its name to revanant or covenant I think mate what kodi are you running if 17.3 you need to make sure it's right for that device mate
Was still working a week ago but the build auto updated often so maybe on my screen it still showed as exodus but was re-linked to one of these forks then, but was getting problematic towards the end and i'm stuck with jarvis kodi16 as the box is on android 4.4.2.

Always best to do your own build if you can.I Never use other peoples builds as they are too over complicated and full of things that you don't need or dont work.There are only about 14 repo's I use then just install everything you want and use something like Aeon Nox skin as it is very easy to use.Then use Adb Link to back up your build and just update it when you need to and you can also clone this to any box you want.
Your right this would be the best way to get the job done, Just need to find the time to read up and learn how to make my own build.

Why use a build at all? It's just going to fill your box up with crappy addons you'll never use! I use a clean Kodi installation with Covenant for Movies/TV Shows and Simple IPTV Client for my IPTV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was still working a week ago but the build auto updated often so maybe on my screen it still showed as exodus but was re-linked to one of these forks then, but was getting problematic towards the end and i'm stuck with jarvis kodi16 as the box is on android 4.4.2.
Time for a new box I think,you need android 5.1 or above for Kodi 17.

Have a google for mygica media center kodi 17 It is a version of kodi designed for android 4.4.2 and runs on quite a few android 4.4.2 devices. also have a look at lodi and that is spelt with an l not a k, you can create your own fork . Check your box specifications and see if it will work for you

As title states i am in need of a decent kodi build for my MX and MXQ android boxes. ive been using my MXQ for months now but some how kodi locked up crashed and that was it, every time i tried going into kodi it would just return to home screen. so i went into android settings/apps/kodi and cleared the lower cache box and tried to run kodi but, still it would load boot screen and just go to home screen. so i went back into android settings/apps/kodi and cleared the other cache which removed the build altogether and now, KODI boots up just fine but its back to bare bones with no addons what so ever, and of course i can not remember the name of the build i was running on previously, so ive had a google, looked at a few and tried a couple but as any of you who own a MXQ will know this box is not too powerful and the build/wizards i tried were sluggish to the point of unusable at some points. so people what build do you suggest.

The specs are:
its an all black MXQ armlogic s805 running android 4.4.2 quadcore GPU Mali450 1gb internal memory 8gb storage.

So as you can see not much power but the build i had on last worked well was smooth and had many top addons just wish i could remember what build it was i had on there, Anyways time for something new so im hoping i can get some suggestions from TK.
Put Ares wizard on and play away till you find a build you like, they have a forum to see which one you might like before downloading, loads to pick from

builds are very overrated and just bloat your device.

pick a few addons you use and go with that.

if its aesthetics you're after then yes some builds look pretty slick, but if its performance, just cherry pick the addons you use. for 1gb stick the cleaner the better imo

Back