What's the difference between an Nline and CWS?

Kev147

I'm getting to get mgcamd working on a mut@nt HD1500, thinking I need an Mg.cfg file, but can't find a working download link. I will keep looking for that unless someone can supply me with a link.

One thing I'm not sure about though it's what is the difference to a line stashing with CWS vs a line that starts with N =

I'm getting to get mgcamd working on a mut@nt HD1500, thinking I need an Mg.cfg file, but can't find a working download link. I will keep looking for that unless someone can supply me with a link.

One thing I'm not sure about though it's what is the difference to a line stashing with CWS vs a line that starts with N =

Mut@nts are good boxes
with mgcamd you will need a .cfg file yes
you will also need a newcamd file and the contents of which will include your line and instead of it starting N: it should start CWS =
Not really sure what you mean about the difference, this is just how you have to input the line if using mgcamd

PM me if you are stuck and I can send you files

Last edited:
Thanks guys, got the file and now all setup. Just got to tweak my epg settings I think, but that maybe another thread down the line depending on how I get on

for MGcam the line will start with CWS = ........ when using a nline on CCcam then it will start with N:................. you'll also notice a "keep alive = " on the newcamd.list file too, its all part of the MGcam protocol so don't worry about it, it doesn't make the line an less stable.

Hello guys need abit hand with my line can’t get it to working n it’s horrible spent so many hours

It’s cws should I turn cws to n: n in softcam put it on cccam ???

Hello guys need abit hand with my line can’t get it to working n it’s horrible spent so many hours

It’s cws should I turn cws to n: n in softcam put it on cccam ???

if you were supplied a CWS line, you need to copy and paste it into newcamd.list
this is in usr/keys folder
then on the box, go to softcam panel and restart the mgcamd softcam by pressing green button

Still no luck.... you know in usr keys how many files are there suppose to be mg_cfg n newcamd.list or is there suppose to be one or two more files

Your line should look something like this -
CWS = 00000000.tk 19401 bil123 123bil 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
Copy and paste it into notepad and name it newcamd.
Then do as Pablo says in post 7

Mehtab -
Download Filezilla Client from the internet, it's free.

Open Filezilla Client

Across the top, in Host type in your IP address, in username type in root, leave password blank and in port type in 21

Then press quick connect.

The left hand boxes are your computer, the right hand boxes are your box.

On the left browse to the two files you downloaded from this guide.

On your right browse to usr/keys

Click on one of the files on the left, right click your mouse and select upload.

Do the same with the other file, the two bottom windows should look the same.

So you should have the newcamd.list and mg_cfg file in the bottom right hand window

Menu - Setup - Softcam / CI - Softcam Manager

Green Button - Start

Blue Button - Enable Start Up

Your line should look something like this -
CWS = 00000000.tk 19401 bil123 123bil 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
Copy and paste it into notepad and name it newcamd.
Then do as Pablo says in post 7

I've done this on my friends box and it is now working, however on my oscam server which the box is connected to I've got the following message against the box
newcamd (unknown - please report)

Back