Where is the justification

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
This company must still think the Paddy is an easy target?

Viking UK site:

Emtec 2 x 8GB For Him and For Her Flash Drives (VIEW)

Viking IRL site:

Emtec 2 x 4GB For Him and For Her Flash Drives (VIEW)

Where is the justification in that? :dunno:

Not only is the price 5 times greater on the Irish site but the capacity is also 50% less :no no:

That's ridiculous!, why is it so different in Ireland to the uk?. Can you not buy from the uk site? or don't they delivery to where you are.

Can you not buy from the uk site? or don't they delivery to where you are.

No we can't H. The option to create an account on the UK site only allows UK as country & destination.

We can only open an account on their Irish site.

This is the norm with many of the UK bricks & mortar stores too, Maplin is another example or Play online is pretty much the same.

The other issue is most of those stores off load obsolete stock onto the Irish market. In our local Maplin store I'd say that 80% of their physical stock is obsolete. That's all fine if you are streetwise like me but a disaster for the uninitiated.

I know too that most of us have a contact of some sort or the other in the UK but it's too much hassle to annoy others, especially on any sort of an ongoing basis. Even the majority of UK based company's that do sell & ship to Ireland don't give anywhere near a fair currency exchange rate either, Play being the biggest culprit.

What annoys me most of all is that they must think we got no education over here at all lol

lol, if your after one of them I will gladly buy it and send it over ;), robbing gits.

Try looking at vistaprint .co.uk and then the .ie,i only use the uk site and they deliver to ireland

hey gman,they must have changed the ad.they both read 8gb now.the british site price reads 4.99 pounds while the irish site reads 22.49 euros.how do pounds compare to euros?

hey gman,they must have changed the ad.they both read 8gb now.the british site price reads 4.99 pounds while the irish site reads 22.49 euros.how do pounds compare to euros?

They have changed the Irish product from 4GB to 8GB

4.99 GBP =6.08298 EUR

Not fair. I still didn't get it that why there is so difference between these two regions. Justification should happen in such situation. There should be right comparison in order to give a price at any websites so a common person could easily understand the price policy.

Last edited:
Back