which are best boxs to bulk install?

sucmnsee

TK Veteran
Hi guys. I use skybox f5s's for people at the minute but im quite new to all this. The only thing I think wrong with them is the record function. The turning off and not restarting for next record. Also having to rename the recordings. Oh and the timeshift sound drop thing but I can live with that lol. Other than that I think they are great. So with that in mind and not knowing what other boxs are available or what other features they all have could you all recommend what you think id be best installing. Also they have to be under £80 and leave as little after sales service as possible. Ive searched and searched but so many comments and opinions im just trying to narrow it down to give the best budget boxs for people. Thank you in advance.

nothing under £100 really

best out of the box for me is xtrend or vu range (£250)

under £80 is

skyboxes
blade
openbox

simple PAY CHEAP, GET CHEAP!

media link black panther is good for £120

Thanks satman. Its just a confidence thing for most people. At minute i can say 150 after 50 box and 45 line and make 50 out of it. If I had to say 220 or 250 I wouldnt be asked for half as many. Ive heard some clone boxs running vix can be good. But I do understand the 'get what you pay for' bit. They just want something for 150-175 max unfortunately.

Ps this is not an advert. I do not sell outside of my local lol
Anyone else happy with a budget box and its record features?

Last edited:
try selling the octagon sf8 if you order 10 off wos they will give you the m at £110 each. they fully support the vix image.

if you want to sell in bulk and quick sell f5s. when you pick a line provider he will give you resellers rates for bulk purchases. see satman he may be able to do you a good deal on bulk f5s. you could sell the cloud box once they are setup they are done. no after sales support needed.

Last edited:
May try one cloud ibox 2 plus box. The record and timeshift function on those all good? Everything else ok or will I miss my f5s?

---------- Post Merged at 05:09 PM ----------

Im probably not going to be buying 10's as its only word of mouth

Also I think they can be bought with an image installed and u can pick which. What one should i ask for? Or will i probably want to try different ones?. Are there any does/donts?

Last edited:
you will normaly have to do it yourself. if you buy 10 direct they are only about £45.00 or about £65.00-70.00 one at a time. dont forget you will have to set the image up for your customer 7day epg, picons install the line and the camm. you will also need to setup a swapfile on the usb for them. and do the config for all the apps.

Last edited:
Yeh. The way I do most of that at the minute is I keep my home f5s set right with the custom channel list and everything. Then I just dump an image to usb and upload image with settings to the boxs as they go out. So its just update image and add ccc. Nice and quick. Are you saying that its much more involved with the cloud ibox 2? Every time?
As long as it isnt more than 30mins a box I wouldnt mind. Going to get 1 for recording at home 1st to see anyway. Gonna pm u if u dont mind?

Last edited:
there is more inyial setup on the cloud box. if it is done properly it will automaticly just update evreything no need to touch them again.

but the amount of phone calls you will get with skybox,lost this channel and that,the octagon is a great box but remember if the person wants to record a twin tuner is needed.

Cheers all. Yeh I know its only single tuner like f5s's but hopefully the cloud boxs record in a more user friendly manner. Thats all im looking for. So just ordered
Cloud Ibox2 Plus 750 mhz CPU Enigma 2 Open Pli Black Hole Mkv/Divix, Iptv Player
Looking forward to playing with it. Any warnings of anything I might try and brick it?

I tinker when I should leave well enough alone ;-)

I feel your pain mate, I am that soldier also. :) wait until you get the box, then ask specifics, it is much easier, I have just replaced an F3 with an octagon box, and I wouldn't have thought of asking the questions, that I do now. when you know what you have the real questons just flow into your head.

(oh, and sorry for the above, I saw it and couldn't resist) :) (It's the pedantic twunt in me) (y)

Lolol its cool dude. But sure if we didnt tinker we wouldnt know anything. And my whole extended family would have to pay for everything techy lol

Cloud iBox 2 is a clone and not supported by vix. You'll need a patched image of vix. Once you've set it up the way you want with plugins, 7 day epg, bouquets, picons, etc. Just create a backup image and flash that to subsequent boxes. You'll only need to enter your gift details for each box. Once you get into Linux receivers, skybox seems very limited.

Last edited:
Cloud iBox 2 is a clone and not supported by vix. You'll need a patched image of vix. Once you've set it up the way you want with plugins, 7 day epg, bouquets, picons, etc. Just create a backup image and flash that to subsequent boxes. You'll only need to enter your gift details for each box. Once you get into Linux receivers, skybox seems very limited.

Cheers. Thats great. So it will be just as easy after setting first box up. Looking forward to it arriving. Although with nothing to compare the wee f5s's have been good for the price.

The F5s is designed to be very easy to use for a noob

Linux boxs give u more options 2 play with

And make your own plugins .etc

Back