which box newbie

Hey

Looking for some help guys in picking 2 boxs . Was going to buy a v8s but found out that e2 boxes better re channel lists. I need a twin tunner and a single tunner box. Both need to be full hd. I was thinking a TM-Twin-OE*and a vu+ zero. Also not sure about firmware being offer with box. Eg vix etc what differrence is there. Any advice would be great

Thanks

Buy a Cloud Ibox, if you can afford it buy a Cloud Ibox 4 as there is plugins to record 4 programmes at once etc.

Xpeed LX2 (twin) and LX1 (single) is another alternative, probably a bit cheaper

Xpeed has a faster processor than the TM

Have a look at the boxes on world of sat and order it flashed with the vix image.

You are better off with an officially supported box than a clone, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Xspeed box good value. Im just not wanting to spend 200 250 on a box. Got half price sly in livingroom for another 11 months maybe once that runs out il spend that kind of money. Just want a gd box with good performance that i can get gd support with. Dont want to be buying new box in 3 months.

Think you will pick up one of each for about £200.

A few on here have got them, I have the combo and it's fine, I would rather pay a bit extra and
have the support than getting caught out and having to buy a new box.

Hey

Looking for some help guys in picking 2 boxs . Was going to buy a v8s but found out that e2 boxes better re channel lists. I need a twin tunner and a single tunner box. Both need to be full hd. I was thinking a TM-Twin-OE*and a vu+ zero. Also not sure about firmware being offer with box. Eg vix etc what differrence is there. Any advice would be great

Thanks

For a single tuner box the V8S is a good box, no real features just a simple plug-in and play box, ideal for a spare/second room box if you don't watch much TV. If you want a decent signal tuner box then like Bee's said take a look at the Xpeed LX1, very stable box, officially supported by the VIX team and not a bad price either or you could look at a VU Solo.

For a twin tuner box then I would suggest either the Zgemma S2 or Xpeed LX2.
The Zgemma S2, cheapest twin tuner box I've seen, reliable and well made BUT not offically supported by VIX so all updates will have to be downloaded from the zgemma website and your box re-flashed which means you would need to set the box up again every-time.
The Xpeed LX2 is just as good as the S2 and a very stable box, reliable and well made AND is supported by VIX so all updates are done in the background and once your box is setup you can leave it.

Both boxes will run all you need, give you skins you may like to give your setup the $ky TV look and feel. The LX2 is aliitle more expensive, £109 v's £80 for the S2 but the LX2 comes with 2yr warranty too. You can find great support for both the zgemma and Xpeed boxes on this forum, you can find pre-set images to install too which will basically set the box up for you. There are more expensive boxes on the market, the more you pay the more features you get etc..

Like I always say to people taking their first steps, have a think about your budget for both boxes, include your line cost and any extras you may need like Wi-Fi, Home-plugs, Ethernet cables etc and what you want from each box, then when you have that you can get more tailored answers.

Buy a Cloud Ibox, if you can afford it buy a Cloud Ibox 4 as there is plugins to record 4 programmes at once etc.

The Cloud ibox 4 isn't a ibox, the cloud website doesn't show it listed Updates Cloud-Ibox Series - Index of: home/ Its not supported by VIX either and seems a odd box as can't seem to find any website for it, only sellers.

Hi, I am very new to these type of boxes so please take my comments with a pinch of salt, but I bought a v8combo and have no end of trouble setting it up so I would avoid this.

Hey

Thanks

I'm in the same position and will be getting the XPEEED.

Just to point out you won't get full HD. The only HD channels you'll get with any sky line are the free to air ones. If you want all available HD channels you'll need a combo box a VM feed and a line for that too.

Back