which box to buy?

deanosid

so I've been asked by a friend if I can sort a box out for him, price isn't an issue compared to function and quality.

I have said to get vermin then if it goes dark we can put ipeeteev on afterwards

he wants to be able to record 2 channels and watch one.

Although I can muddle my way through setting boxes up, I don't know all the different types and opinions on which is best, hence the need for the thread.

I immediately jumped to the vu+ but have not set one of these up yet so if anyone has recommendations please leave a comment I want yo get it right first time.

this only has option to record 1 and watch one doesn't it.
i don't think this is a good option though. nice and easy I have the h5h

I see - you want to be able to record 2 channels whilst watching a 3rd... in this case, the H5.2TC as standard wont be suitable.

Go with the xtrend with a built in hard drive,official openvix support,2 year warranty and has a forth tuner option,Build in LCD screen,Will blow any zgemma box away by miles

I've a zgemma h 5.2tc , the hybrid cable tuner can record one channel and lets you watch another and you can record on the Sat tuner too so it is possible to watch one channel and record two with this model

I've a zgemma h 5.2tc , the hybrid cable tuner can record one channel and lets you watch another and you can record on the Sat tuner too so it is possible to watch one channel and record two with this model

2nd that. With a little work. You can record two channels and watch another. 2 cable 1 sat. Very good box plus if VM goes dark it will be a twin freeview turner with iptv.

Go with the xtrend with a built in hard drive,official openvix support,2 year warranty and has a forth tuner option,Build in LCD screen,Will blow any zgemma box away by miles

I'm with moshibeth on this one - The ET8500 is an absolute rock solid workhorse with up to 4 tuners of your choice.

Proper genuine multiboot as well!

If he wants to be able to record 2 and watch another then it'll be the Vu+ Uno 4k, or the Xtrend ET8500 with three tuner modules. Have a read up on the Vu+ Uno 4k as it'll give you 8 tuners but you'll need to read up on Oscam too.

If he wants to be able to record 2 and watch another then it'll be the Vu+ Uno 4k, or the Xtrend ET8500 with three tuner modules. Have a read up on the Vu+ Uno 4k as it'll give you 8 tuners but you'll need to read up on Oscam too.
thanks I'll have a look at this too.

it sound like the by and extreme are the two contenders.

jazzie_bee. I recently set up an old amiko alien triple tuner with Oscar for vermin. I'm guessing it will be similar

The ET8500 is a solid box and is one of the few I've got that just runs and runs with little or no maintenance.
I've got 2 set up as quad tuner combi boxes and I use them for all my recordings because I know they won't let me down.

The ET8500 is a solid box and is one of the few I've got that just runs and runs with little or no maintenance.
I've got 2 set up as quad tuner combi boxes and I use them for all my recordings because I know they won't let me down.
Best box i have ever used and have setup hundreds of all different makes over the years,Just runs and runs and cheap at the price to

Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Combo Tuner Digital Receiver HD 1080p PVR

Does this box work on cable?

I'm upgrading from a zgemma 1 but funds are limited.

Any advice would be great but this is cheaper.

Technomate TM-Nano-M3 DVB-S/S2 Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Satellite Receiver.

I don't know the difference.

Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Combo Tuner Digital Receiver HD 1080p PVR

Does this box work on cable?

I'm upgrading from a zgemma 1 but funds are limited.

Any advice would be great but this is cheaper.

Technomate TM-Nano-M3 DVB-S/S2 Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Satellite Receiver.

I don't know the difference.

the edision is a cracking little box, and that one will do cable,
I have the twin sat version,
and recently got a Formuler F1 twin sat and 1 cable for £89 , a even better box than the edision,

that technomate is sat only

dvb-S is sat , dvb-C is cable

if money is really tight, a zgemma H2H can be had for £65
but I personally dont think as good as the F1 for the sake of £20

Back