Which EPG service?

Running open atv 5.3 and had crossepg on it. Built it last Saturday and noticed that the EPG ends today on all the programs. Some were blank already, some had info for the next couple of hours. Weird that if you go on a blank channel it would then bring in a couple of hours I do for the channel but still generally it is all blank.

Tried to force a download but didn't make a difference. Reboot also made no difference.

Took crossepg off and then re-added it and similar problem.

Deleted the EPG file from the USB stick. Forced a download and still the same.

Have now added the xmtv importer. Instead of crossepg.

Noticed now though that the main EPG shows incorrect program schedule. Gold+1 now is showing dinner ladies and it's the next programme too. But the main EPG says only fools and horses. The now/next is showing right info (press ok on remote) but up arrow to bring up the list of programs vertically and it's wrong too. Seems the box is reading from 2 different EPG?

---------- Post Merged at 07:33 PM ----------

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Have you done a scan with autobouque maker or e2 which ever you are using?
I have also built my own 5.3 and using autobouque maker and everything is fine

Yes tried that. Using autobouqets e2

Also noticed a few others where it seems the box is seeing an old cache of info. Snooker on bbc 2 for example initially showed Bec snooker, but immediately changed to world snooker. Same program but a slightly different title.

Its is exactly a week form creating the new build and everything else has been spot on so far, just noticed this today.

I don't use e2. I prefer autobouque maker. Not sure if it's that but I think it effects my Internet connection. When I was using wooshbuld v1 was OK but when trying to use v3 he had used e2 and I think it effected my connection. Not 100% sure it was that but since I built my own and used autobouque maker I have not had any problems at all. You could try that! Or try installing an earlier backup and see if that solves it!

Mmm seems I jumped the gun a bit here. I have switch on my box this morning and my epg has failed too. Only channels showing anything are bbc1 to channel 4

Hi mate. I have solved it. I remembered that when I first started using wooshbuild he used a locked version of crossepg because anything newer didn't work properly. As i had updated my software to 5.3 and all componants recently realised crossepg must have updated to. I could not find the locked version so I ftp'd into my box and deleted everything to do with crossepg. I then installed xmltv importer updated UK rytec and everything is good again. Hope this helps

Last edited:
Yes mate that's all I did. Install xmltv then go to sources then down to rytec uk xmltv. Tick it then press yellow. Wait while scan finished. Just make sure all crossepg stuff is deleted from box as you may get some sort of conflict.

Cheers. Done all that, seem to have EPG info only for about 5 days, changed setting in EPG to 7 days and rescan but still the same. .

Is is yours similar? So next Sunday I can not set up a recording at the moment. Actually on bbc2 it only goes to about 5am Friday.

Mine goes upto midnight next Saturday. I don't really record much so doesn't really effect me but i would think that if your epg is updating every night it would still series link. I could be wrong!

Back