Which is the best Zgemma box for sly hd and IPTV?

Yellow!99

Hi, not sure which section in the Zgemma to post this, I don't have VM cable, only have sly sat, which is the best Zgemma box that can do all sly hd and iptv?
I've heard of the Zgemma i55, is that the best one?

To answer your question you would need the Zgemma H2S box which is a twin satellite tuner so will work like Sly+ would with rewind, pause, record on watch another etc.

The i55 is purely a IPTV box and has no connections for a satellite dish.

Tests by Leslie show the H2S is capable of running IPTV without a problem but not constantlly running it for 2 days as the box gets bored and slows right down. Also IPTV can be run as either an m3u file or it could be added to your bouquets along the top of the EPG. Your IPTV sub provider should be able to give you both options.

I will look up the xtend 8500, the only problem is I don't have the physical VM cable/connection, as now have sly sat, I assume the xtend 8500 can work on the sly lead in the back of the box? how do i get sly hd if 28.2 sat channels are no longer showing HD, will i need to add IPTV to the xtend 8500?

no xtrend 8500 is better.no hd on many on 28.2 sat channels

There are virtually no channels available to watch HD now on the encrypted channels unless you have a Vermin Cable connection.
In the zgemma range as per you enquiry then the H2S is by far the best all round box to go for.
Will do everything you want at a good price including the IPTV connections.

Would all sly HD work on the Zgemma H2S box or do I need IPTV as an option and get the xtend 8500?

As far as IPTV, what I understand is that it works over the net and streams stuff, like the android boxes

To answer your question you would need the Zgemma H2S box which is a twin satellite tuner so will work like Sly+ would with rewind, pause, record on watch another etc.

The i55 is purely a IPTV box and has no connections for a satellite dish.

Tests by Leslie show the H2S is capable of running IPTV without a problem but not constantlly running it for 2 days as the box gets bored and slows right down. Also IPTV can be run as either an m3u file or it could be added to your bouquets along the top of the EPG. Your IPTV sub provider should be able to give you both options.

---------- Post Merged at 11:06 PM ----------

Its between the xtend 8500 and the H2S, I will look at both on youtube and see which gives sly hd, as thats what I really want, but i don't have the physical VM cable lead or connection anymore, so will use sly sat lead to get hd if poss
I will look up the xtend 8500, the only problem is I don't have the physical VM cable/connection, as now have sly sat, I assume the xtend 8500 can work on the sly lead in the back of the box? how do i get sly hd if 28.2 sat channels are no longer showing HD, will i need to add IPTV to the xtend 8500?

no xtrend 8500 is better.no hd on many on 28.2 sat channels

Don' believe anything you are told on ebay.
Doesn't matter what box you buy as Vermin cable gives HD and sat only gives SD with some FTA channels showing in HD.
You can run IPTV via most boxes certainly the H2S so why pay a fair bit more for a box that will only give the same as the cheaper version ?

H2S current price £70
Xtrend8500 price £239

Last edited:
You really need to listen to what is being told to you -

There are no channels in HD using a Sky satellite feed (well one or two, but nothing to write home about)
There are HD channels using a Virgin connection.
There are HD channels available using IPTV.

If you have no VM connection(post 6), then you only have one choice for HD, and that is IPTV.

As the meerkats would say - Seemples

Sorry new to all this and learning from you guys

I understand it now, Sly has no HD on Sat
Vermin Media has HD on cable

The only VM connection I have is VM broadband...how can I get IPTV working on the HS2 or Xtrend?

You really need to listen to what is being told to you -

There are no channels in HD using a Sky satellite feed (well one or two, but nothing to write home about)
There are HD channels using a Virgin connection.
There are HD channels available using IPTV.

If you have no VM connection(post 6), then you only have one choice for HD, and that is IPTV.

As the meerkats would say - Seemples

Can you recommend where to get the splitter from so the signal does not drop?

I'll order the HS2 get my experience with it, then upgrade to the Xtrend 8500 at a later stage, will order from world of sat on here, do i need to specify any add ons with the box when I order? If not then what do I need to do when the box arrives, if they is a step by step guide that would be easier for me.

you can use the vm connection just get a splitter then you have the best of both worlds

Hi thinking of getting a zegemma i55 iptv box would like to hear from anyone the main things is it easy to use does it run iptv ok would it be a good buy thanks

Back