Which NAS drive should I buy?

Deepest

Looking to burn approx. £130 max on a 2-Bay NAS DRIVE. Excluding HD's as I have a few sitting around that I could use.

Which one should I get and why?

Synology DS216j 2 Bay Desktop Network Attached Storage Enclosure

I know it's 9.99 over budget but it might be on offer somewhere.

I've got the 215J so I assume this is the newer model - couldn't be arsed to list all the good things so copied and pasted this:

Product Description
Synology DiskStation DS216j is a 2-bay NAS server which perfectly fits home and personal users to build your own personal cloud. Simple yet powerful, Synology DS216j offers you a new experience of effortless data sharing, multimedia streaming, and cloud synchronization under its neat and sleek appearance. Synology DS216j is backed with Synology's 2-year limited warranty. Versatile Personal Cloud for Day-to-Day Life Synology DS216j is a 2-bay, dual-core CPU NAS specifically designed for home and personal users, standing out to be one of the best values in 2-bay NAS servers available today. DS216j delivers up to an average 112.75 MB/s reading and 97.6 MB/s writing under RAID1 configuration in a Windows environment.1 Equipped with hardware encryption engine, encryption calculation tasks are offloaded away from the main CPU. The dual USB 3.0 ports provide transfer rates 10 times higher than USB 2.0. The front LED indicators brightness has 4 level of intensity which can be adjusted, a customized schedule can also be set up to apply the adjusted front LED brightness. Powerful yet efficient, the low power comsumption of 14.85 watts during access and 6.95 watts during hibernation makes DS216j a eco-friendly NAS, reducing the operating expense. Running on Synology DiskStation Manager, DS216j delivers an abundance of feature-rich applications, making your daily life more convenient than ever. Cross Platform File Sharing Synology DS216j supports comprehensive network protocols, ensuring a seamless file sharing experience across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. Windows AD and LDAP integration allows Synology DS216j to fit quickly and effortlessly into any existing network environment without the necessity to recreate user accounts. Cloud Sync keeps your Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Baidu and Box storage in sync with your personal DiskStation at home. Cloud Station suit allows users to sync files among multiple devices, no matter it's Windows PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android tablets/phones, effortlessly keeping everything up-to-date. While you enjoy the seamless file sharing, all the file sharing over the Internet is protected at a high security level through the HTTPS, firewall, and IP auto-block that supported by DS216j. DLNA-Certified Media Server As a certified DLNA DMS (Digital Media Server), DS216j serves as a ready media server with the capability to host digital multimedia contents for remote playback. DLNA-compliant devices can access the shared contents on DS216j in the same local area network without fussing over privilege settings. Not only does it make your multimedia bank available without any preconfiguration, Synology mobile apps transform your mobile device into a remote control of your DS216j, sending movies and photos to your TV or music to your speaker right from the palm of your hand.

You can pick up a HP MicroServer for around that price. You'll have fun setting it all up and learn along the way [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a WD My Book Live, its got no USB so its very slow via Ethernet, if I get another I will get one with a USB connection

I'd agree with the Synology
myself, I have no money so I just have a sort of FNAS set up running Ubuntu server on a RAID1
works for me,,, :)

Cheers guys. I'll probably head for the synology but up before doing so will check out the other suggestions before committing. Next question is what type of 1tb hard drive?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Have a Dlink Sharecentre 320L (£50 squid enclosure only) with 2 x 4tb wd red drives (mirrored)..

Cheap and cheerful and too b honest loaded a few decent add-ons (bittorrentsync, plex etc) and works nice, so very happy with it....

Back