Which of the options I have is best?

JLC

Hello all, slightly different than the usual which is the best box to buy for IPTV requests, I have searched!

So I am looking at from switching from Virgin on my zgemma h2h to IPTV. I also have a Samsung KS9000 Smart TV and an Android Shield TV.

From these three devices which should I be using for IPTV? Very mixed reviews on Shield, can't tell if thats from people thinking it's overkill. I would have thought with its spec it should run smooth.

I imagine the h2h is going to be a bit cumbersome with its setup but could be wrong. Quite a few people saying they have had a better experience on Smart TV than android boxes.

Won't rule out buying a new box entirely but hoping someone has had a similar situation of options and which route they chose.

Many thanks.

Covered many times, just the normal question asked differently

So you have virgin. A h2h would let you virgin and IPTV on the same box with out a problem

I have a h2s (same spec box as the h2h) and it runs IPTV just fine

Hello all, slightly different than the usual which is the best box to buy for IPTV requests, I have searched!

So I am looking at from switching from Virgin on my zgemma h2h to IPTV. I also have a Samsung KS9000 Smart TV and an Android Shield TV.

From these three devices which should I be using for IPTV? Very mixed reviews on Shield, can't tell if thats from people thinking it's overkill. I would have thought with its spec it should run smooth.

I imagine the h2h is going to be a bit cumbersome with its setup but could be wrong. Quite a few people saying they have had a better experience on Smart TV than android boxes.

Won't rule out buying a new box entirely but hoping someone has had a similar situation of options and which route they chose.

Many thanks.

If you have the choice, stay with cable, no iptv comes anywhere even close to the stability and picture quality

I am asking about specific models I own and for experiences from members, not simply asking what one I should buy as the best out there.

The channels are pretty much down to SD here anyway except Freeview, the IPTV streams are at least higher resolution than that, probably just below 720. The Virgin line I have experiences about as much freezing moments as IPTV that I've viewed.

There are certainly more channels available on IPTV than I can get through my current Virgin feed.

I am asking about specific models I own and for experiences from members, not simply asking what one I should buy as the best out there.

The channels are pretty much down to SD here anyway except Freeview, the IPTV streams are at least higher resolution than that, probably just below 720. The Virgin line I have experiences about as much freezing moments as IPTV that I've viewed.

There are certainly more channels available on IPTV than I can get through my current Virgin feed.

Yes, and this has been done to death on here a million times, I'll tell you how it goes:
all the iptv resellers will be along shortly to tell you how fantastic it is on xyz device and how crisp and clear their iptv is, so you go out and buy a new box, take umpteen iptv subs and then realise they're all a pile of shit and you've bought a box for nothing.
And I've no idea what you mean by 'The channels are pretty much down to SD here anyway except Freeview' - vm cable has all movies and sports in HD apart from eight sport channels, and loads of other HD channels.
The thread title is 'which of the options i have is best?' - you're already using the best option available to you - cable. find another provider if yours is only supplying SD and it's freezing a lot

I've no sports in hd as is, pretty much only movies in hd.

When I came on to look in to the issues at the time there were megathreads about it just being how it was now, HD channels had gone dark and would not be returning. Hence my reason for looking to IPTV.

oh well, this can only be your provider or equipment because I get these sports HD channels:
BTS 1
BTS 2
BTS 3
BTS ESPN
Eurosport 1
Eurosport 2
Sky Sports mix
Sky sports news
And about 35 other HD channels, doccs, kids, news, lifestyle, factual and entertainment, as well as all the movies

I'll have to get in contact, As I say as far as I was aware I didn't think they were still going. Didn't mean to come across as thinking IPTV was the best, as when the HD channels used to come through it was certainly the best I could hope for after previously being on a sky line. Just since I went down to SD sports have looked garbage.

I've had HD channels with the current setup before channels before they went dark, and same provider.

So you want to change to a service, that will look the same really. Just because it’s is at 1080p res doesn’t mean it’s high quality

Plus you will lose the chances of recording anything smoothly

Not too fussed about recording, it's mainly sports and a bit of casual TV. Generally watch my media on the shield.

If 1080 is still going on Virgin then I'll try get it working again. Its if it drops to SD on the majority that I would be looking to IPTV if I can at least get 720p as I would find that preferable.

I'd suggest running IPTV on your H2H alongside your cable line before you ditch cable.

The quality of the streams I'm watching lately on my H2S is really good, be a shame to let a box you can set up to handle both go to waste.

Many thanks.
Just to answer your original question about iptv I have used all 3 devices you mentioned only difference being was the TV was an LG 4K and personal opinion on the devices you mentioned for use with iptv the Shield with perfect player installed I found to be by far the best option, I use a mag 256 in the living room and my shield tv in the bedroom with either perfect player or my suppliers android app and it works absolutely perfect.

Reactions: JLC
I have tried many different boxes using script,plugins etc and tbh if you have a good supplier it should be good on any box.

with Iptv you will get 3pm kick offs ppv movies all in HD. like with all these suppliers you pay your money and take a chance.IPV is just as good as cs if you get a good supplier.

What i have found to be the key to maintaining a good solid viewing experience, be it cable or IPTV, is the supplier, finding a good one is not that easy it will be a case of trail and error etc etc but just to echo what most of the VETS have already said if you are running a cable sub at the moment and it gives you wont you need with the exception of some sport, then just run it side by side on your H2H box, they are more then able to do so. Just make sure it is hard wired in instead of using a WiFi adaptor, less processing power needed and lowers the latency ever so slightly. Last point, VM will not be available in the not to distant future the same way sly happened last year so we all may find our selves switching completely over to IPTV.

Reactions: JLC
Back