Which STB is right for me What way can i go if i have VIRGIN MEDIA,

Richt08

Hi
newbie here, i am just wondering what STB is good for VIRGIN MEDIA. I have read some post's Zgemma box, Amiko, dreambox or a Miraclebox.
I want a twin tuner and be able to record, the box may be used in a bedroom so it should be WIFI as well.
Am i asking too much of a STB.

Thanks
Richard

xtrend 8000 as you can have upto 3 tuners of your choice and run vix image,cant remember if miraclebox do a twin cable tuner.

Thanks for the information so far, sorry if i sound tight are there any sub £100 STB as the ones mentioned are a little expensive (sorry).

Thanks

Thanks for the information so far, sorry if i sound tight are there any sub £100 STB as the ones mentioned are a little expensive (sorry).

Thanks

I can do you a eurovox for that , but all you will get is about 4 channels .:willy nilly:

Another thing i have been out of this game for a few years are there any tutorials on how to set cable boxes up and how to program a channel list.

Thanks

Thanks

Because you want to record is what makes it more expensive..Just stay at home and dont go out..!! haha

Anybody had any dealings with the
[h=1]Zgemma Star H.2H Two Tuner DVB S2 + DVB T2/C[/h]this has 2 tuners and you can record.

Mutant or miraclebox hybrid would be your best bet,

Zgemma you are looking at has a sat tuner and a cable tuner so you need a sat line and cable line, plus a st dish, it's a "combo"

Have a read here

Also, keep your eye on the main forum board for a couple of days, see how many new posts are problems with Zgemma boxes :whistling:

Last edited:
Anybody had any dealings with the
Zgemma Star H.2H Two Tuner DVB S2 + DVB T2/C

this has 2 tuners and you can record.

All you need to do is go the zgemma section for the said above box , and you will find out what you need to no . do a bit of reasearch I say

sorry to be really thick, the last STB i had was a VM box that was chipped. but i have been doing some research i see it needs
Cable Boxes

Buy a box, buy a line, and VM broadband package is needed, silly question i have been looking but cant sus out what a line is, i dont think it is a phone line.

Sorry to be stupid

---------- Post Merged at 09:58 PM ----------

please be gentle lol

a line is a subscription to a server to open the locked channels,if you have sat and cable feeds you will need 2 subs.

cable boxes will work on vm broadband

thanks for that, i am trying to find anywhere that will explain all this, it all seems to have changed since i was last in this field.

Hi
A friend is offering me a dreambox DM-500c

I have done some research and this seems a good box if only a bit old,
as anybody got any thoughts on this box.

Thanks
Richard

Xtrend ET8000 Finally Found The Box I Want

Finally made my mind up on the box I'm going to buy after hours of looking around.
Its a Xtrend ET8000 2x DVBC/T/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Linux HD Digital Receiver PVR Ready
from WOS with the image openvix pre installed.

Now I have some Questions: it will come with openvix install by WOS does this mean I wont have to flash it myself
with sucmnsee backup but I will use the rest of his guide to set the box up and use sucmnsee mgcamd1.38 download file (tool)
to put a NLine on the devive.

Recording can I record a channel while watching another on this box as it has 2 tuners if so is it easy to setup
I will look around for a cheaper HD and fit it myself don't come cheap from WOS.

The setup will be via VM cable only. Any advice guys is there a better box out there for this price

Actually, heres what it was I read on WOS:-

'Unfortunately we are currently sold out of the Xtrend ET8000. We have been in discussions with Xtrend regards manufacturing another batch, but due to exchange rate changes we would have to increase the selling price. Also in the coming months we will be seeing possibly another one or two 4K Ultra HD models being released, so for now we've decided to hold off"

Back