Which UK broadband is the best?

I would always say Virgin purely on my experience as i have left a couple of times moved to sky moved back to virgin then moved house when to bt and then not happy back to virgin each time I've left ive realised better the devil you know

Just moved house and decided to go with BT infinity. I would have gone with Virgin just for the speed but I don't think I can live with their traffic shaping.

I remember traffic shaping being an issue for my Virgin internet connection when I was on the 10MB/20MB plan. I don't really notice any traffic shaping. Currently on the 60MB plan so even if I was throttled I probably would be on a limited bandwidth that would still be sufficient for my needs over a short period of time..

Virgin all the way for me..

If you are not a heavy user, I will say virgin, but if you are bit torrent heavy user, look elsewhere. I went with BT infinty

I would have to disagree to this. Majority of Virgin's network from their main infrastructure to your home would be achieved through fibre optic cable, not to say that BT Infinity doesn't use optic fibre, but I believe BT's infrastructure isn't as consistent in terms of delivering internet speeds through high transmission medium at all times.

If you are not a heavy user, I will say virgin, but if you are bit torrent heavy user, look elsewhere. I went with BT infinty

I would have to disagree to this. Majority of Virgin's network from their main infrastructure to your home would be achieved through fibre optic cable, not to say that BT Infinity doesn't use optic fibre, but I believe BT's infrastructure isn't as consistent in terms of delivering internet speeds through high transmission medium at all times.

Honestly, because both providers are offering fibre optic broadband, you wouldn't notice any much difference in speed, but just for their traffic shaping alone, I stayed clear of virgin. I moved from Be unlimited to BT infinity because Be didn't offer fibre optic broadband, and I must say, after 8 months, I've got no complaints so far. BTs tech support is not the best because they are hard to reach on the phone, but I hear virgin is not that better. Go with your needs. Heavy user, torrenting, media streaming like Netflix etc, consider BT.

Back