Which way to go

itsdutts

Hi i am looking for some advice i have a zgemma at the and an andriod box at the moment but i am thinking of getting an iptv system. I have been told a Mag254 is the way to go but i would like something i could record onto, can you do that with a mag254? so reading the posts on here got me thinking should i be looking at getting a vu or something simuler or is the way to go a smart tv (can you record on one) value for money which way to go. also subscriptions how reliable are they as its very hit and miss with the zgemma.
Many thanks

A Mag box is designed specifically for IPTV and as a result is simple to use and requires no technical knowledge or maintenance. Some IPTV services (particularly the US based) offer a catch up service and time shifting but this is generally not available from the European based companies. You can record from a Mag 254 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU8TwfXUMi0

Smart TV (and in particular smart Samsung and LG TVs using the Smart IPTV app) is another option that is simple to set up with no maintenance. If you already have one, it is a cost effective option. I don't believe that you can record IPTV from a smart TV.

A Vu box in some ways is similar to your Zgemma box, it has much greater flexibility than say a Mag 254 but with the resulting complexity to set it up and maintain it.

There is no right answer, it is down to personal preferences and priorities.

A Mag box is designed specifically for IPTV and as a result is simple to use and requires no technical knowledge or maintenance. Some IPTV services (particularly the US based) offer a catch up service and time shifting but this is generally not available from the European based companies. You can record from a Mag 254 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU8TwfXUMi0

Smart TV (and in particular smart Samsung and LG TVs using the Smart IPTV app) is another option that is simple to set up with no maintenance. If you already have one, it is a cost effective option. I don't believe that you can record IPTV from a smart TV.

A Vu box in some ways is similar to your Zgemma box, it has much greater flexibility than say a Mag 254 but with the resulting complexity to set it up and maintain it.

There is no right answer, it is down to personal preferences and priorities.

Thanks for that bought a mag256 amy advice on servers?

You are welcome to message me for information on a service that I represent. You will get more responses by posting in the IPTV Server Request thread.

In general use a free trial to confirm that a supplier meets your technical needs - channel section, HD, reasonably stable, etc. If you find one you like, buy a month so that you can test that it is acceptable at weekends, evenings, etc. If you are still happy with the service, consider a longer period.

Back