Why do people prefer MAG and similar devices

What are the reasons behind people's preference for MAG and similar devices over Firesticks, Android boxes, and other similar options?

I'm curious because I've only used a Firestick or an Android box myself and haven't explored other alternatives.

I dont see many preferring Mag Boxes these days but i suspect it was the clean interface people like.

You can emulate this on a Firestick or android device with the STBemu app.

It's the same with formuler, their main selling point is their app. With mag the best thing was how clean the interface was and once it was setup nothing else needed to be done. The main competitor at the time was enigma2 boxes because alot of people had them from when Cs ended.
As @ferret said they aren't mentioned much now because alot of servers don't allow them, due to needing server urls etc

It's what people are used to. It's simple, clean interface with not many options to alter or break the app.

It all comes down to user preference at one point mags was one of the biggest selling boxes until more popular boxes come out

Mags were the original Iptv boxes the first dedicated ones really.
beat me to it :LOL:

there are a shedload of people over here in spain using mags.

100% no doubt they were sold them as part of a package alongside a subscription.

problem is the older mags will not play a lot of the newer codecs.

that means one of a few things -

you need a new device

the server will have to encode using older codecs to support the older devices

if not you will need to find a server that supports older codecs

the prices people are paying out here are verging on the ridiculous prices being charged before iptv was mainstream,

our neighbour pays €60 per month for internet and iptv from the same supplier.

we have unlimited internet for €25 per month.

work that out, €420 a year for iptv :LOL:

good job if you can get it :smiley:

beat me to it :LOL:

there are a shedload of people over here in spain using mags.

100% no doubt they were sold them as part of a package alongside a subscription.

problem is the older mags will not play a lot of the newer codecs.

that means one of a few things -

you need a new device

the server will have to encode using older codecs to support the older devices

if not you will need to find a server that supports older codecs

the prices people are paying out here are verging on the ridiculous prices being charged before iptv was mainstream,

our neighbour pays €60 per month for internet and iptv from the same supplier.

we have unlimited internet for €25 per month.

work that out, €420 a year for iptv :LOL:

good job if you can get it :smiley:
Loads of those earlier mag boxes were provider locked meaning you had to renew with the existing supplier or purchase a new device.

Had a mag back in the day when they were the main box. Things have moved on ask your supplier they may have IBO app you don't need to set it up just download it. Has a very clean interface simple to use

If some really prefer to stick to mag boxes style I recommend the tvip 6054k which has many more advantages with any mag boxes

i prefer my firestick but i did love my mag box before i tried the firestick

i think its just easyer for the user to setup

Back