why wont backup ,restore zgemma

jona29

i made a backup image of my box before xmas after changing certain things in the image . the box has become corrupt and keeps boot looping . so i used the backup image to try to restore it .no luck same boot loop .

if i use someone elses back up image from the forum it works . only problem is its not to my liking

the only thing i have noticed is the file size of root.fs is larger in my image than the other image .

is there anyway of extracting root fs to standard file sytem to pull the extras out of it . it also has my lines in it which i dont have stored anywhere else .

need help here guys as ive just been put on some heavy meds for seizures and my head is spinning so things are abit like a merry go round at the moment .

thanks in advance.

From what I remember there is a limit on how big a backup you can make. Pretty sure its around the 120mb mark
No idea why there is such a limit and why it won't work after that limit although I would be interested in finding out

that could be the problem as the backup is 123 mb could do with working out what program i can use to extract the bin file though . as standard iso programs cant do the job

Not sure you can extract the contents of a backup, this was discussed a few weeks back and the conclusion was the only way to get something out of a backup was to reflash it (obviously something your unable to do)

You cant extract the flash file. You need to flash the box and hope that you can ftp to it and extract your line while it's bootlooping.

nope you're right - it's the backupsettings that's a .tar file and can be opened with winrar not the bin file

Last edited:
yes box comes up with flsh ,so i press the power button once . never thought about ftp to box while in boot loop . should work has done before .

also the file isnt a rar file and if i right click on the file it gives me the option to compress it not extract

Back