WiFi issues

Stu Smith

Hey people's, bit of a funny one here, every time my VU+ solo2 is switched on my missus and the bairn's all lose connection to the WiFi, have tried a couple of times and is definitely the issue when vu+ is on, I use a tp-link to connect Ethernet to vu+, not sure if this could be an issue, has anybody had or heard of anything like this, any suggestions would be very much appreciated, oh and not sure if this will help but when I connect to my VPN (vanish) it connects but when I try to exit it just goes red again and asks for details again, can't think of anything else but thanks again everyone, much appreciated .
Hope this is ok and in the right place

I use a vu duo 2 and ultimo with tp links and no problems.Do you have any family filters etc enabled on your internet as this can cause issues.Also what speed are you getting.

I use a vu duo 2 and ultimo with tp links and no problems.Do you have any family filters etc enabled on your internet as this can cause issues.Also what speed are you getting.
Have just done speed test and download is 6.89 and upload is 4.07 it is usually a lot higher than this, havnt checked filters on internet yet but thanks I will take a look, at the moment though everyone is still connected, cheers

Wonder if there is a problem on your internet line or you can unplug the router power cable then after about 30 seconds plug it back in when lights are all solid retry.

Well I can't say it will help you but I just replaced my Super duper all singing super fast TalkTalk super router with a TP-LINK AC1200.
My speed was 43mb on average download with 7mb upload. My wireless was shocking and IPTV Player hung like a dog.

Now I get 68mb down and 12mb up on wireless to my laptop, 68mb cabled to my boxes and I have never seen IPTV Player so responsive.

I don't know what speeds you should be getting but how old is your router? Maybe talk to your ISP and get a new free router out of them. If you are out of contract you can tell them you can move to X ISP and get a free router.

Back