Wifi set up on Zgemma H2s

Defender

Sorry if this is in the wrong place
I am having issue trying to use IPTV, on my Zgemma box. When I select the EPG I get the full sly listings but when I select a channel it goes black.
I am using a brand new Plusnet hub one, plusnet replaced my previous one, since the new one is in it does not work.
The box has been tested at another house and it plays, as soon as I reconnect to my house it wont.
Any help with this issue is appreciated.
I will be using this on wifi without a dongle.

Have you set your box up on wifi for new router as it will be new ssid and new password for your new router and new ip address for box how is your iptv setup

Have you set your box up on wifi for new router as it will be new ssid and new password for your new router and new ip address for box how is your iptv setup

Hi
Thank you for your reply.
Could you please let me know what I need to do to set my box up for the router.
The only thing I have done is to connect the router and set up my laptop, Ipad and phone to get onto the internet.
I can send screen shots of anything you need to know.
Regards

For you box to run on wifi ah2s needs a WiFi dongle or you could buy a set of power lines one goes into back of router and into a plug plugged into a socket then the other where your box is apart from 1 end of ethanet into back of box and other end into the other powerline

For you box to run on wifi ah2s needs a WiFi dongle or you could buy a set of power lines one goes into back of router and into a plug plugged into a socket then the other where your box is apart from 1 end of ethanet into back of box and other end into the other powerline

Any idea why my box will play in another house by Ethernet cable but as soon as I do this at mine it will not play.
do you have a link to the power lines please.

switch the router off at the socket
on the zgemma, go to menu>setup>system>network>device setup>nameserver settings
change nameserver 1 to 8.8.8.8
nameserver 2 to 8.8.4.4
click green to save, put the box in deep standby and then back on and check that the nameserver settings have stayed as changed above
after rebooting the router, the zgemma will connect

nameserver 2 to 8.8.4.4
click green to save, put the box in deep standby and then back on and check that the nameserver settings have stayed as changed above

Thank you, I will need to test tomorrow as nothing is connected at the moment.

nameserver 2 to 8.8.4.4

Hi
I Have just check some photos I took earlier today and it is set as the following.
Nameserver1 194.168.4100
Namaeserver2 194.168.8100
are these the ones that need changing as you mentioned.

Yeah they changing to what Pablo has put have you had the box on at your house since you've had new router

Hi
I Have just check some photos I took earlier today and it is set as the following.
Nameserver1 194.168.4100
Namaeserver2 194.168.8100
are these the ones that need changing as you mentioned.

Yes, this is a fairly common problem.
The DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are those of Google so the router should connect straight away
This is the reason other routers will connect to it but yours won't, some of the new VM routers are the same

To upload images to the forum follow the guide in @dsayers2014 signature, you should be able to find a post from him easily

Last edited:
As the box needs setting up to the router

OK, thanks for your help tonight, I will keep you updated once I have had a chance to change those settings. just one more thing I did try to attache a photo to my post but was unable to do so.
could you please point me in the right direction to do so.

Yes, this is a fairly common problem.
The DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are those of Google so the router should connect straight away
This is the reason other routers will connect to it but yours won't, some of the new VM routers are the same
Thank you, I will change tomorrow and update you once I have done so.

OK, thanks for your help tonight, I will keep you updated once I have had a chance to change those settings. just one more thing I did try to attache a photo to my post but was unable to do so.
could you please point me in the right direction to do so.
You go to upload file if it's too big for server just edit it

Back