Will Vermin know ?

andymartinn

I already have a h2s and working great and was looking to get a h2h as was wanting HD. I already have vermin internet but I dont have tv package. I know the h2h will work as you only need the vermin line but I am just wondering does anything pop up at there end saying I am recieving the TV channels when I am only paying for the internet ? I'm not bothered either way just to give the mother peace of mind ?

Thanks

Haha I know I just didnt know if they would know that I was receiving TV channels or will it just show that I have a live connection to the house ?

See they have to send everything down the line and it's your box that will let the signal through. They can't pick which house it goes too

They can see all the devices connected to your home network though lol

Modem mode puts an end to that :smoke rings:
Use your own router, then that's all the modem will see. Doesn't have to be anything spectacular either. Personally, I've got a nice little Atom box handling pfsense as my router.

I know I have remamed the hostname on the box to Sony so they cant see the zgemma name in there, I confirmed this worked as I was having problems with internet and the bloke said i have sony and laptop connected to cover that

Virmin super hub in modem mode, use your own router, make sure any cables that are not in use have the end caps fitted.
Job done, they can't see what's connected (thoroughly tested by myself)

If you use a 3 way splitter, but say only use two outputs you should cap the 3rd, unused output with a proper coax terminator.

If you use a 3 way splitter, but say only use two outputs you should cap the 3rd, unused output with a proper coax terminator.

I understand now. I thought he meant to cap the Ethernet cables lol. Is there a technical reason for capping the spare connections or simply to stop rubbish getting in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An open end can produce noise back into the VM system, then they might come looking. The end cap has a resistor inside it.

Just for the record, Zgemma and the like aren't illegal to own. They're FTA boxes, so even if they did look and see you had one (they won't), you wouldn't get in trouble just for owning one.

It's the line and the CS side of the box that isn't kosher.

Back