WilloBuild WilloBuild OpenViX 6.5 Series

ok so ignore all this, it has randomly just kicked in when i connected via putty, no idea why?!

So because i have not had it on for a while could i please check how i see what my versions are currently for vix and willow?

And then what i need to do to update it all to the latest stable version for my vu solo2 box please?

Menu > Information > About will tell you what image is on there.

Willowbuild is just customisation on top of ViX. His customisations process flashes latest vix on server then applies his customisations after the image restarts.

Yeah I'm thinking a reflash could be in hand here.

Could I please ask if willo and openvix is my best route still for the vu solo2 box?

Mainly wanting it for Freesat really as emgima2 and IPTV says are done, at least I think they are?
are they no one told me :unsure: still using emgima 2 box ( octagon) for IPTV and even using wooshbuild as one of my main images , have two good providers , and get all the channels with very few issues :laughing:(y)

Have a small problem with latest update.
If I use autobouquetmaker it clears the epg of all info, I want the freesat in separate bouquets , but can't make autobouquets do that, maybe I am doing something wrong, but I am sure that's what I did last time I updated it.

I haven't done any updates lately.
Autobouquetmaker doesn't have anything to do with epg.

All providers have separate bouquets.
The settings are in Menu > Setup > Tuners & Scanning > AutBouquetsMaker > Providers

1_0_19_C441_837_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20240108212338.jpg

1_0_19_C441_837_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20240108212855.jpg

Last edited:
Did that , turned sky off ( maybe that's the mistake ) at which point I had a EPO with all freesat channels but no separate bouquets for HD etc
ran autobouquetmaker and when I go back to epg I have purely got a blank screen , no grid with program details.
so have temp restored by backed up info from before I ran autobouquetmaker , will try and get screenshots
1704749559401.png

this is what present epg shows

1704749629527.png

run autobouquetmaker , pull up epg from remote and and i get

1704749790510.png

I've just created FreeSat bouquets and they're all populated and got EPG. Just a few missing picons.
Have you done a software update lately or updated provider files in ABM?

If you've got a multi-boot box try a fresh flash on another partition.

Anyway it's beer o' clock so will resume after work tomorrow if no one else can help.

1_0_19_CD6E_844_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20240108215016.jpg

Though member meant ABM deletes IPTV bouquets which it does then you need to make iptv bouquets again but epg is still there once done.

re-installed , and it failed , cleared all bouquets ( delete abm bouquets ) , re-ran autobouquetmaker , and the bouquets are fine , must have been a cottupted file

Morning All.
i tried installing willowbuild on a spare partition yesterday on my h7c. A few questions.
a) can I use a different skin?
b) I can’t see how to increase the number of rows displayed in archive. Is this a skin function?
c) I live in Milton Keynes. I filled in FreeView provider with Sandy Heath transmitter, but got no HD channels
whatever I did. Knowing HD was channel 21 at Sandy Heath, I used Signal Finder to make sure it was available.
at the end of the scan, I got a message “Cambridge and Bedford terrestial available for use”. Going back into providers
this top line had appeared…

IMG_0281.jpeg

I used it and have got HD channels, BUT the local itv news is Meridian. How can I change it to Anglia East?
thanks for any replies.
pete

Morning All.
i tried installing willowbuild on a spare partition yesterday on my h7c. A few questions.
a) can I use a different skin?
b) I can’t see how to increase the number of rows displayed in archive. Is this a skin function?
c) I live in Milton Keynes. I filled in FreeView provider with Sandy Heath transmitter, but got no HD channels
whatever I did. Knowing HD was channel 21 at Sandy Heath, I used Signal Finder to make sure it was available.
at the end of the scan, I got a message “Cambridge and Bedford terrestial available for use”. Going back into providers
this top line had appeared…

View attachment 98469

I used it and have got HD channels, BUT the local itv news is Meridian. How can I change it to Anglia East?
thanks for any replies.
pete
You need to set your region,see above.

Use the DVB-T frequency finder in the tuners and scanning menu.

You can use any skin you like.

All Kidder C's skins are already installed.

What archive are you talking about as far as number of rows is concerned?

Use the DVB-T frequency finder in the tuners and scanning menu.

You can use any skin you like.

All Kidder C's skins are already installed.

What archive are you talking about as far as number of rows is concerned?
Should have said File List in stead of archive.
I use VIX-Night-HD skin atm, hopefully that will work.

For your ABM/Freeview issue, you are better off starting a separate thread. There are quirks where people can receive from several masts. Terrestrial scan plugin may even be better for you.

For your ABM/Freeview issue, you are better off starting a separate thread. There are quirks where people can receive from several masts. Terrestrial scan plugin may even be better for you.
Thanks Abu, sorted now.
As I’m recording HD now, I need a bigger HDD. My plan is
Telnet to box and mget all recordings to my laptop.
Backup Whooshbuild .
Remove backup file to pc (where will it be on the box and what filename?)
Install new HDD.
Use command line install in post #1 of this thread to setup the box.
Import backup file and restore.
Transfer recordings from pc.
Is this feasible?
Pete

Recordings are on HDD, image is on flash drive. Flashing an image won't affect recordings.

Changing image and changing HDD are two independent and separate processes. Do them in whichever order is convenient for you.

If you have a USB caddy, that would make things simpler to transfer from old to new HDD. If you don't, then transfer to Laptop, install and format new HDD in receiver, transfer recordings back.

Back