wireless adapter for a zgemma box

swampy47

Hi

Can anyone recommened a wireless device for me please

I'm going to be installing a zgemma H1 in another room thats got no internet wires .. I was looking at the usb dongle things but would something else be better

as a laptop gets used in the same room and the signal strength is not very good , so would I be better using some other wireless device? and connecting both laptop and zgemma to this or something

I have a virgin hub wireless router at the moment that sends the wifi to this room for laptop and only get 2 bars , The room has a offical virgin box at the moment just going to swap it out for a zgemma

I dont mine spending for a good device as its for my dad and hes always moaning about his signal being low ...nothing stupid crazy price just something thats solid

thanks

I use overclockers for my hardware so if anythings good on that websites good for me as I get free delivery or amazon but dont mind somewhere else

any of these good http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Networking/Networking-WiFi

and https://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=46

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=46&catid=1837

Last edited:
thanks Tich

so with this kit I wouldn't need a usb dongle and nothing else?

also with this it looks like I would have 1 box connected to my router/ modem and the other black box in the room with the zgemma , becuase at the moment I have no spare slots on the back of my modem router all them are being used ...going into other bedrooms, but I could change if I had too

I did wire up my home with cAT6 wire but didn't do the conservatory ..... where all this is going stupid me.

At the moment I have the router/modem in the front room and all 4 router sockets are being used ...... all 4 of these are going to a wall socket that has 6 connections but only 4 of them used on the wall socket .... as I've not added a switch or nothing

If I could have more connections at the location of the router/modem that would be good like a switch hub (is that what you call them?) .

edit : try to explain the way its setup now

In the front room I have a " 6 socket internet connections built into the wall
with 3 wires going off to each bedroom . Each bedroom has a 3 socket connection point.....

but at the moment I have only 2 internet wires to each room as my virgin router only has 4 sockets on the back so be nice to get 2 my connections up

ps this took me ages! I also wire virgin and sky freeview wall sockets :)

I like white boxes :)

thanks

Last edited:
The homeplugs work round your ring main to supply the signal plug the single on in router and other in room where Zgemma box is going gives you 4 outputs for that room you can Not quite sure on this make but on some others you can add other plugs You would need to get the spec up

so tich
would this kind of device be wired into my routers rj45 sockets ? as I have none spare at the moment

sorry if I'm a pain Tich ! wireless confuse's me bad

No mate sorry it needs to go to router as it needs to send it around the ring main The only other is a wireless extender

thanks Tich

so with this kit I wouldn't need a usb dongle and nothing else?

also with this it looks like I would have 1 box connected to my router/ modem and the other black box in the room with the zgemma , becuase at the moment I have no spare slots on the back of my modem router all them are being used ...going into other bedrooms, but I could change if I had too

I did wire up my home with cAT6 wire but didn't do the conservatory ..... where all this is going stupid me.

At the moment I have the router/modem in the front room and all 4 router sockets are being used ...... all 4 of these are going to a wall socket that has 6 connections but only 4 of them used on the wall socket .... as I've not added a switch or nothing

If I could have more connections at the location of the router/modem that would be good like a switch hub (is that what you call them?) .

edit : try to explain the way its setup now

In the front room I have a " 6 socket internet connections built into the wall
with 3 wires going off to each bedroom . Each bedroom has a 3 socket connection point.....

but at the moment I have only 2 internet wires to each room as my virgin router only has 4 sockets on the back so be nice to get 2 my connections up

ps this took me ages! I also wire virgin and sky freeview wall sockets :)

I like white boxes :)

thanks

[h=1]Edimax EW-7811UN 150Mbps Wireless Nano USB Adapter[/h]

On the zgemma you will need to download drivers from plugins to find what is compatible

Hi, know this is an old thread - but just picked up a zgemma for room a little distance from the main router and wondered what you finally went with Swampy?

sorry for late replying mate

I used one of these in the end http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CZ3Z5HI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

i also bought this USB adaptor but I couldn't get it working (finding the drivers ) tried loadsbut maybe I missed something http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003MTTJOY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00

something to do with drivers I couldnt find the right ones in the download bit so I used theother device

the TP link device does glitch and freezes sometimes

I would look into one of them wifi electric mains plugin things that make your house electric wire a signal (think thats right!) sorry I dont jnow much about these but meant to be better way of doing it....cant remember why i didnt use one

Hi
I have my router in one room and my TV and Zgemma box in another room. I don't want to drill through a wall or have cable on the surface between the two for a lan connection.

Would the Tp Link work as follows:
router > rj45 > Tp link (wall plug) > 2nd Tp link (wall plug) > rj45 > Zgemma box?

Back