wont flash

deanldf

I have downloaded sucmnesee for my zgemma 2s but box wont flash says 11 on screen then counts to 100 and nothing happens

Best option is pick up a sandisk cruzer from a popular high street retailer, 8gb cost about £5. Take it out the packet, drag your image onto it and pop it into the back off the box and switch it on.

If you wanna use the memory stick you already have the use Do a low level format on it and then drag your image onto the root.

Personally I went with option one and then I put it away incase I ever need to flash a box again.

oh ok whats diff in what you said and usb then ?

---------- Post Merged at 09:17 PM ----------

memery stick I mean

is it correct image for the box

are you unzippung it and sending zgemma folder to root of usb

2 gb standard memery stick off e bay

---------- Post Merged at 09:26 PM ----------

not sure how to do that just says download and save ?

These boxes can be temperamental with memory sticks, particularly unbranded ones.

Pop to asda or Argos and get yourself a small sandisk cruzer and I'll guarantee you it'll work first time out the packet.

oh ok will try that , it says how do you want to open file when I try to open on comp . I put internet explorer is this right ???

link me to image

---------- Post Merged at 10:37 PM ----------

is it a zip or rar file

---------- Post Merged at 10:39 PM ----------

plug usb stick int pc tell me whats on the stick

Sounds to me then like it needs decompressing like lancable said.

Use winrar, Winzip, 7zip or something like that.l to extract the files and Then drag the file to root of your memory stick.

on your stick there should be 1 folder named zgemma

right click rar file etract it to a folder on desktop put zgemma folder or usb stick then it will flash

trying to still not sure going to smash it up so best I go bed and try tomorrow . thanks all , still no closer tho aaaahhhhhh lol

Download the image you want from this site. When it's downloaded to whatever location you choose, go there and right click on the file, choose extract files and it will open whatever software you have to decompress the file.

At the top of there will be an option saying extract all files or something like that. Once the files have been extracted there should be a file named ZGEMMA.

Drag this onto the route of your memory stick and plug it into the back of the box. Switch the box on and the display on the box should show FLASH.

If this doesn't happen then do a low level format on your memory stick or go an buy a sandisk cruzer 8gb.drag the zgemma file into the route again. Pop it into the back of the box and it will definitely work.

done that now but in work , be home bout 5.30 so will let you know , thanks for all your help , and will def let you know . if it does your def going to heaven will put good word in for you lol

Back