Won't let me add external hdd?

Nayls

I'm probably doing something wrong?

Plugged the external hdd in,booted up, get to mount manager and It has located 2 us storage devices? I only have the one fitted.

This is what they say:
Size:unavailable mount:none
Device:/dev/s d a 1 type:unavailable

The second one is the same apart from Device:/dev/s d a 5

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

First of all, we need to know what box you're using and which image. otherwise we or just guessing.

You need to initialise the drive first, the HDD will then mount and the box will see it,

Excellent :) it's added now,thank you.

How do I now set it up to try a recording? Just tried to record channel 4 (don't have a line yet) and it only give me the options of adding a timer or auto timer?
Also what do I need my tuner b set to? As it's currently the same as tuner a and I have a feeling that is wrong?

I just use the EPG button go to the program I want to record then green button (add timer).

There are more recording options but I have never used them

Twin sat, both tuners are set the same.

Make sure you have a coax to each tuner, if you only use one then disable the tuner you are not using
or you will get Tuner Fail messages when scanning using AMB and when the EPG updates.

oh,so it was setup correct?? i was expecting it to say record when i pressed the record button and not timer/autotimer.

is there a way to get the channel list like when you press tv guide on a sky remote? i press epg,and it comes up with section ie all,entertainment,sports etc,if that's how its meant to be then i'l live with it,but would prefer a one button press to tv guide.
also when i select "all" and im looking through channels is there a way to change the whole page? like you would with channel up/down on sky?? i have to press up/down lots of times on each page

the up and down butons are top and bottom of ok button next page is right arrow and previous page is left arrow of ok button.

I had an external drive on s lx1. When I did an image update via USB (it states in image setup to make sure there are no other usb devices attached. When I unattached the ext hdd it would bugger it up and need reformatting) leave the ext hdd plugged into the back and plug usb stick with image update into front port. Ext hdd remains working. Probably nit what you were asking, but useful information anyway

Back