Wooshbuild problem help needed please

Spyke

Hi
I installed Wooshbuild latest on my mates box last night and all was working OK. This morning he switched on the TV and was only getting a black screen although EPG and programme info were still working.
I have done a factory reset on the box and re flashed the image, The box doesn't go to BBC 1 after the ofgwrite flashing tool has finished. I have followed on the installation and still no picture or sound, just a black screen now with no programme info or EPG.
I'm baffled ... Any help appreciated .. Thanks

1_0_1_1038_7D4_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg

1_0_1_1038_7D4_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 10:08 PM ----------

I have just done a service scan and it didn't pick up any channels .. could it be tuner setup?

---------- Post Merged at 11:04 PM ----------

Well .. I have no idea what I did .. I was in the tuner menu and pressed OK to exit a screen, can't remember which, when it started to scan channels this time it found them all and everything is working again!!! Could it be a tuner problem in the box?

Getting annoying now!!!
Mate switched the TV on this morning and again got just a blank screen, not even the Wooshbuild splash screen .. he scanned a couple of times before it found any channels but then it only found a few, took more scans to get the full list of channels ...
Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
Ta

I think I would go through the build process again from scratch, making sure I followed the instructions COMPLETELY, you may have missed something out where you have to do the original channel scan/parse

has he got a usb in the back for saving the epg? where is the epg 'set' to save to?

Last edited:
Already did a factory reset and a complete re install .. it worked perfect for a couple of days then the problem returned.
32GB USB in the back with the EPG saved to it.
He had no internet installed until last week so the box was running with just FTA channels for a couple of weeks after buying it. No problems there with picture/sound loss so thinking it isn't the box.
Will leave it for a couple of days as it is working OK at the moment. Just can't understand why it works for a while then breaks.

might be worth checking the f connector and cable, broken inner wire etc, i had my dog chew into mine once and that caused similar problems intermittently .

Have a problem like this on Sunday
Sky box working fine, plugged in Zgemma no signal, tried two Zgwmma.

Got a guy out to replace dish and LMB, all working fine now
Either the LMB was very old or the dish was slightly out of line.

I will get him to check the connections at the dish and the lnb ... I'm off on hols for two weeks so hopefully it doesn't go tits up on him again!

Back