Wooshbuild Support Thread

Yes your hdd needs to be ext2,3,4 etc however with your receivers track record of destroying two usb sticks I wouldn't trust it to format/initialise your hdd. Personally I would call it quits and reflash a fresh image to box making sure you make a back up of your cam line to your pc. One thought on your usb sticks, is either recognised when you plug it into your receiver, if it is try running filesystem check on it. filesystem check is in same part of menu as initialisation

Last edited:
An 18gig External hard drive?

I would sort your USB drive issue first with them being read only, that will be what is giving you the grief on the box as it can't write to the stick. The EPG is saved there by default so instantly you have a problem on your hands.

Google shows a ton of results on how to use gparted on read only mark sticks. Can't say I have read through them, but a ton of results all the same.

---------

I have just tried using the GParted utility on my two usb sticks but that failed as well, giving a message that the sticks were "read only".

I have attached a 2.5" external drive to the box but am hesitant to try and mount it, in case that gets corrupted as well, so its still in FAT32 format.

If I try to change any timeshift settings, I get the error message shown in pic 3.

The other screen shots are to show settings and system info etc

ThanksView attachment 27866 View attachment 27867

you are running GParted under windows,
try running it as a LIVE DVD/CD
it doesnt care what your USB is set up as,
it will take control of it and do whatever you tell it to do,
BUT,
as said above,
make very sure you have it pointed to the correct drive, once initiated, it will format whatever drive it has been told to
NO returns

its windoze that is refusing to let GParted work,
GParted can only do what it is told to do

have you unmounted the sticks first using GParted,?
btw, you must use this on your PC, not your box,
partition
unmount
click green arrow
format
FAT32
click green arrow

depending if windows allows it or not,
you could format direct to ext3 , or 4 , but I doubt windows would allow that as it cant recognise those filesystems

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW found an interesting thread regarding sandisk usb sticks ending up read only, on another site people with same issue have contacted sandisk customer services and this was the response they received
"I understand that you are getting write protection error while accessing your Cruzer flash drive. The flash drive has detected a potential fault and has become write protected to prevent data loss. There is no method to fix this. You will need to backup your data and replace the flash drive. Our team of developers is in combination with the OS developers looking into a solution to resolve this issue. Please note that only a minor percentage of users are experiencing the write protection issue and these are the customers posting on the internet to find a solution."

BTW found an interesting thread regarding sandisk usb sticks ending up read only, on another site people with same issue have contacted sandisk customer services and this was the response they received
"I understand that you are getting write protection error while accessing your Cruzer flash drive. The flash drive has detected a potential fault and has become write protected to prevent data loss. There is no method to fix this. You will need to backup your data and replace the flash drive. Our team of developers is in combination with the OS developers looking into a solution to resolve this issue. Please note that only a minor percentage of users are experiencing the write protection issue and these are the customers posting on the internet to find a solution."

@Ronniecarrott
if your still having issues send it to me and Ill see if I can save it otherwise

I run sandisk as default as I find price Vs reliability is very good

Liked steptoes offer to try and rectify much prefer wooshmans approach as that is the treatment it deserves for causing trouble. Amazing how much better some random violence against an inanimate object can make you feel.

I had a hard drive here from a customers PC and windows wouldn't read it. Stuck it in a dock and plugged it into the sat box. Read it and copied stuff across the network from it. Worked a treat.

Windows is pretty lame sometimes.

Liked steptoes offer to try and rectify much prefer wooshmans approach as that is the treatment it deserves for causing trouble. Amazing how much better some random violence against an inanimate object can make you feel.

I agree, I once inflicted serious injury on a remote control and if my alarm clock could speak, it would tell tales of all manner of abuse from me

Thanks for the replies. I think the solution for the usb sticks may be very close to your suggestion wooshman!! :)

Its a head scratcher as to what's causing the corruption!!

I will have a play tomorrow and see what happens.

199gtv: When you say "reflash a fresh image to box", does that mean just reflash using the menus on the box, or a complete wipe and reload?

My best "final solution" moment was when I threw an Amiga B2000 against a brick wall, solved all the problems it was giving me!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go for a complete wipe and reload using a usb stick if you can still find one after the mass genocide of usb sticks it seems like your gonna go for. Reflash with a fresh download of your favourite image and dont forget save your line somewhere safe on your pc. I suspect your initial trouble may have started with something like epg corruption or similar which has triggered the write protection on your stick. Wooshbuild is so easy to set up it shouldn't take that long to reflash and be up and running again,

Last edited:

if @Ronniecarrott
wants to send me his USB to see if I can save it, FOC ,
and if I can
I 'may' offer this for other members FOC + postage, if its viable, may not be really considering the cost of USBs these days. unless its a largish one, or a USB HDD
NO promises on results though mind

I'm having problems with the line 'deactivating' on my Zgemma H2.S.

The newcamd.list is still present and correct sitting in root/usr/keys but it doesn't start when the box starts. Pressing Blue then selecting Softcam Panel shows active CAM1:mgcamd_1.38r1 but does not restart when pressing Green. If I change Cam 1 to something other than mgcamd and press Green to restart then change back to mgcamd then Green the line starts and works properly.

I have reflashed to get latest Wooshbuild and reinstalled line but later it's deactivated again. I've checked with line supplier and all is OK his end and when I have removed the newcamd.list and reinstalled it starts but then next day it's gone again.

Can anyone help please?

Last edited:
Remove the softcam by going to plugin menu and pressing red button, find mgcam1.38 and remove it

restart box

go back to plugin menu and click green to download new plugins, find mgcam1.38 in softcams, download it.

this will install a fresh version of the softcam, try that and report back!

Remove the softcam by going to plugin menu and pressing red button, find mgcam1.38 and remove it

restart box

go back to plugin menu and click green to download new plugins, find mgcam1.38 in softcams, download it.

this will install a fresh version of the softcam, try that and report back!

Thanks pabloescaban for your advice. I have followed your instuctions but can't download the new version of mgcam; I can see it but get a 404 Not Found error when I try to download. Maybe the hosting company OVH are still having some issues following their outage so I'll try again later.

http://www.techkings.org/resources/openatv-softcam-feed-universal_2-0_all_-2017.4

Install that IPK and it will give you new cam links on the box. I think the old feed has ended, died or been removed.
Thanks Woosh - I've downloaded and it's installed mgcamd_1.38r1 again and following reboot and installation of line I have regained access to my missing channels although most MTV and some Discovery channels appear to have now gone the same way as the other Sly channels.

Last edited:
Thanks Woosh - I've downloaded and it's installed mgcamd_1.38r1 again and following reboot and installation of line I have regained access to my missing channels although most MTV and some Discovery channels appear to have now gone the same way as the other Sly channels.
Run ABE2 plugin should find them working again,got me other week did re flash an loaded back up thought load more channels been blocked ABE2 fixed it when ran plugin

Back