Wooshbuild Support Thread

wooshman if some one wants to update from v4 to 7.002 can they do software upates so v7.002 gets loaded onto there box before they reflash or do updates still not work on the lower versions of wooshbuild thanks

Confusing or what
The guy as come from v4 to v5 (no idea what box tho)
cant they just reflash again through wb config to v7.002 or am I missing something

Software updates no longer work on atv 5.3 or 6 as they have released 6.1

Confusing or what
The guy as come from v4 to v5 (no idea what box tho)
cant they just reflash again through wb config to v7.002 or am I missing something

Software updates no longer work on atv 5.3 or 6 as they have released 6.1

I would just download the latest basebuild and start afresh. I think you have to have an up todate version of wb-config (I maybe wrong)

Personally I wouldn't update from 4. Just make a settings backup and flash BaseBuild for v7. I can't see restoring settings being an issue. In theory though you could go from 4 to 5 and then to 7 using WB Config. Practice is a different thing though.

Been away for the last three weeks and come back to a shed load of pages of reading.
Lots of problems with updating to WB7 being reported but I went for it anyway ... Installed WB7 with no problems at all, didn't even have to reload my IPTV details.
Another great build Woosh et al ... Cheers.
One question ... what is the new VPN plugin for?

Been away for the last three weeks and come back to a shed load of pages of reading.
Lots of problems with updating to WB7 being reported but I went for it anyway ... Installed WB7 with no problems at all, didn't even have to reload my IPTV details.
Another great build Woosh et al ... Cheers.
One question ... what is the new VPN plugin for?
iptv

What is the advantage? as my IPTV is working perfect without it.

Some users need a VPN for footy on IPTV, my own personal opinion is that it is a lazy IPTV providers way out to try and overcome Internet Service Providers (ISPs) blocking streaming of the feeds.
@wooshman has provided an easy way for users to implement VPN's on the build from V7 on.

Last edited:
my own personal opinion is that it is a lazy IPTV providers way out to try and overcome Internet providers blocking streaming of the feeds.
@wooshman has provided an easy way for users to implement VPN's on the build from V7 on.
If an IPTV server gets found by the EPL or whoever it is that is looking for the streaming servers, the IP of that server will be blocked by the ISP which results in preventing users of that ISP connecting to that streaming server all the time the EPL football game is being shown.

An IPTV provider can keep moving servers and changing IP addresses but it would normally mean changing DDNS names to get it done properly, or the ISP just blocks that DDNS every week. To do this is a massive task and would mean if you connect using abc.it, the provider would delete that ddns and make a new one. This then means abc.it no longer works and the user would have to get the new ddns created by the provider.

It is easy, you just send a mass email out to all users about the change of ddns - one user only needs to be part of the streaming server hunters and they instantly have the next thing to block via email and it then gets blocked.

Just changing server for WooshBuild and my business customers is a pain in the arse and can cause site downtime. I dread to think how much of a ball ache it would be as a provider with DDNS and knowing you can't make the info to public.

Open to correction here, as always, but my understanding of DDNS (Dynamic Domain Name System/Server) is that this can be set up to occur automatically and be totally invisible to the client. While this may entail a cost to the provider, it tends to offer a more reliable service for the footy ( or whatever streams) the ISP is attempting to block.
Maybe I've been lucky with (or have researched) my choice of IPTV provider but, thus far, I have not suffered from this "blocking", as I know what (or at least what) he claims to have implemented to avoid it.

However, this conversation is for another thread, as I'm now probably contravening my advice offered in some of my previous posts, pertaining to thread topic. :grin:

BTW. To all users of a VPN please understand that a drop in throughput is inevitable, for many reasons, not least encryption, re-routing,node capture etc.

Last edited:
I don't have an issue with mine either mate, but then again I don't watch the footy either like spyke. The downside is that some iptv providers end up having everything blocked all the time the EPL games are running and not just sport.

But yes, a different thread or I will won't be practising what I preach.

I have uploaded a new version of the VPN Adder. Please remove your current version BEFORE installing the new one.

I have changed the name as it is no longer just Digibit. It is now called add-vpn-easily and is available in the WooshBuild section.

With better connection detection, better IP address connection and now 3 providers.

View attachment 29041

Which VPN would you guys recommend?

Cheers

DEFINITELY not for this thread.
Either start a new thread or better still search for a recommended VPN provider.

How's it not related? Just stated that there is 3 now listed rather than just digibit. My question is whether one of the 3 in "add vpn easily" is particularly better.

How's it not related? Just stated that there is 3 now listed rather than just digibit. My question is whether one of the 3 in "add vpn easily" is particularly better.

It's not related ,because this thread is about Wooshbuild and not the benefits of one VPN provider over another.
The fact that WB allows you add a VPN does not inherently give rise to the discussion of the benefits of any of them, same as within this thread, we do not discuss whether BBC1 is better than Itv, even though WB allows access to both of them.
Do you see what I'm saying?

Back