WooshBuild v4.00 ALPHA Release - OpenATV 5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant work woosh, everything running gr8 boot time is s bit slower but other than that just 1 thing to add is the pic icons only work in top left of epg and not on top of info banner I've upgraded from v3 to v4 and couldn't restore settings either but not a big deal so if u have a solution for pic ikons I would be very greatfull thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cons - I can't really see your photo, but looks like something about "create connection". Is your connection to the internet OK?

---------- Post Merged at 06:04 PM ----------

I anyone fancies trying the following and reporting back:

1. Keep your existing settings backup that you made before flashing Alpha - don't make a new one.
2. Flash online the WooshBuild v4 Alpha again.
3. Run online updates from OpenATV - box restarts
4. Try and restore settings

Did it work?

Flashed no prob could not restore settings but everthing good had to restore line just gets easier brill

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I've noticed 24 updates in the online software updates can we install these and is it safe to do so?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cons - I can't really see your photo, but looks like something about "create connection". Is your connection to the internet OK?

I anyone fancies trying the following and reporting back:

1. Keep your existing settings backup that you made before flashing Alpha - don't make a new one.

Did it work?
Hi woosh I tried what you said and it still says Sorry no backups found

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Woosh quite possibly now thinking about it.. I connect via a wlan. I'll have another play as it worked on my other box so might just of been a blip on the connection

Thanks again v4 running good

Wooshman, thank you for the update, very impressed. Found a minor problem when crossepg download, its only the background image as shown.

crossepg.JPG

In a word.... No, sorry.
I tried this yesterday....
flashed brand new basebuild
Flashed v4 online
updated all software and rebooted
tried to restore settings from my openATV 5.3 build - no settings found
tried to restore settings from wooshbuild 3.03 - no settings found
ran a backup settings from V4 - ok but when I tried to restore - no settings found

After a bit of googling tried swapping the whole infopanel folder from a working 5.3 build but that didn't work either.
Run out of ideas now.... sat looking at football and I don't even like football!

Edit: for 'No settings found' the message was actually 'Sorry, no backups found'.

Last edited:
OK so it is confirmed that:

Settings being restored doesn't work
The background on the CrossEPG screen is half missing.

Thank you all for the posts on these two issues. I will start looking it to it tonight.

The settings is a big issue and will be addressed first.

Willo, thank you very much for trying various bits. Most helpful.

Thanks to everyone so far for posting
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, with those two out of the way, do we have anything new?

Bit of a breakthrough to report:
Went into advanced settings in software management and changed backup location to microsd.
rebooted.
Copied my backup to microsd.
Restored successfully!
Will now try and see if I can change the location back to hdd.
Don't quite understand this as all mounts are showing as fine so perhaps the file pointing to the backup location is corrupted?

Edit: Now changed backup location back to hdd and all working.... boom!
Back to the bloody football then!

Last edited:
crossepg will be fully skinned in slyk v4 ( i have found a way to do it), so no need to overwrite the original crossepg code. So I wouldn't worry about crossepg woosh. I will sort that.

Edit: Now changed backup location back to hdd and all working.... boom!
Back to the bloody football then!

OK first thing.... sort out the TV as it is clearly broken if it is showing football.
Secondly, you could be on to something with the Micro SD. Thanks again for the out of the box thinking.

I will be working on this tonight (after 9pm ish)

ive been having issues with crossepg on the latest vix found a modded v6.0 that shows a blank screen and plays music i could give you that to try whoosh

crossepg will be fully skinned in slyk v4 ( i have found a way to do it), so no need to overwrite the original crossepg code. So I wouldn't worry about crossepg woosh. I will sort that.

I look forwards to it. Thank you Kidda C.

---------- Post Merged at 08:09 PM ----------

ive been having issues with crossepg on the latest vix found a modded v6.0 that shows a blank screen and plays music i could give you that to try whoosh

I think CrossEPG has always played music hasn't it? v0.6.2. It uses the EPG channel music. Or am I thinking of AB E2? Don't know to be honest. And can't get the remote yet lol

I don't know if haven't downgraded to v0.6.2 thought it was a special version lol does it normally show a blank screen?

I managed to eventually get my channels sorted and in the right order, the massive deluge of rain blocking my sky signal for a while gave me a scare, one thing I've noticed is that the region northern Ireland ITV region is incorrect and should be UTV
Correction bbc1 and bbc2 are in the wrong channels bbc1 is 102 and bbc1 is 101 also it should be BBC 1 NI
Hope that makes sense

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back